Cesaroni Grain Spacers: Game Changers?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deandome

Reaction score
Wildman had some of these at our weekend launch, now there's news @ RP: https://www.rocketryplanet.com/content/view/3009/30/

These spacers add 2 grains of flexibility to any case you buy; a 6-grain case can now utilize 4, 5 or 6-grain reloads. 3-grain case = 1,2 or 3 grain loads, etc.

This is pretty huge! Less $ spent on casings = more reloads you can buy! This, and the fact their high-speed V-max loads have motor ejection capabilities (as opposed to AT's Warp-9) seems to be pushing me further into the CTI camp.

Any idea if these will work with the Pro54 6GXL casing?

What does the XL mean anyway? Half a grain?

Any idea if these will work with the Pro54 6GXL casing? What does the XL mean anyway? Half a grain?

The 6GXL cases use the same amount of grains as the 6G cases: 6 grains. In the XL case they are just longer than the standard grains (stretched).

At this moment we don't have Pro54 spacers available yet, but they are certainly next on the list of spacers. Since the XL cases are not a regular extra grain longer, one can not use a regular spacer to turn a 6GXL casing into a 6G casing. For this a XL-spacer is needed. These are not yet available, but are on the list and will be released when approved. Some examples: to turn a 6GXL casing into a 6G casing you would need an XL spacer. To turn a 6GXL casing into a 5G casing you would need an XL spacer and a regular spacer. Etc.

Note that there is one exemption to this: the Pro29-6GXL is one regular grain longer than the 6G motor. So here one type of spacers will do. (This was one of the reasons for making it exactly one grain longer.)

Attached is a .pdf that explains the Pro75 spacer. Pro98 spacers are similar to those of the Pro75 motors.

Jeroen

View attachment Pro75_Case_Spacer.pdf

Note: This message was also posted on RP. Since not everyone has an account there and is able to see the photos, I'm also posting it here.

Another usage of the Pro38 case spacer: motor retention.

See the photo below. This examples uses Giant Leap's hardpoint anchor (https://giantleaprocketry.com/products_recovery.asp#hardpoint). First the outer ring was removed. The remaining spokes were then press-fit into the Pro38 case spacer.

There are many more ways to do this.

Jeroen

Pro38_anchor.jpg

Note: This message was also posted on RP. Since not everyone has an account there and is able to see the photos, I'm also posting it here.

Another usage of the Pro38 case spacer: motor retention.

See the photo below. This examples uses Giant Leap's hardpoint anchor (https://giantleaprocketry.com/products_recovery.asp#hardpoint). First the outer ring was removed. The remaining spokes were then press-fit into the Pro38 case spacer.

There are many more ways to do this.

Jeroen

I am really happy with what I see coming out of CTI. While I won't necessarily buy any more commercial motors, it's great to see some innovation on your part. I had considered doing something similar for my snap ring EX cases many years back, but never figured I'd see it develop into a commercial application.

Keep up the good work, Cesaroni! Thinking outside the box is the quick way to good business.

I already have 29 and 38mm cases. Here's 10,000,000 votes you come out with the 54 mm spacers next! :D
With 38, 75 and 98 mm spacers available it is quite obvious that the 54 (and maybe 29) are next.
Jeroen

With 38, 75 and 98 mm spacers available it is quite obvious that the 54 (and maybe 29) are next.
Jeroen

Innovation at the forefront! Again.
Will two spacers,for a 38 3 gr. say,be equivalent to half the $ of said case?
From a consumer standpoint,this would be very attractive.
Instead of purchasing all 6 cases,get a 6 and 3 gr.plus 2 spacers.
And you're flying all 6,have i got this right?

Before I/we go too nuts on this...how much $$$ are the spacers?

For now, 38mm price would be fine.

I can only guess cause I havent seen 38mm spacer prices yet..But from the looks of it, they should be fairly reasonable..Only going by the price of the 75mm spacer listed at Wildman at $34.95, so I would THINK that the 38mm variety will probably be in the $19.95-$24.95 range..

I can only guess cause I havent seen 38mm spacer prices yet..But from the looks of it, they should be fairly reasonable..Only going by the price of the 75mm spacer listed at Wildman at $34.95, so I would THINK that the 38mm variety will probably be in the $19.95-$24.95 range..
The Pro38 spacer retails for $8.95. The Pro75 is $24.95. The Pro98 spacer is $34.95. (the $34.95 for the Pro75 spacer was a typo in our price list).

Note that the Pro75 and Pro98 spacers also make excellent tools for seating the nozzle retainer ring on ProX hardware and can also be used for removal of stubborn liners in RMS and ProX 75 and 98 mm motors.

Jeroen

The Pro38 spacer retails for $8.95. The Pro75 is $24.95. The Pro98 spacer is $34.95. (the $34.95 for the Pro75 spacer was a typo in our price list).

Note that the Pro75 and Pro98 spacers also make excellent tools for seating the nozzle retainer ring on ProX hardware and can also be used for removal of stubborn liners in RMS and ProX 75 and 98 mm motors.

Jeroen

Availability?I'm in canada,does this help my chances or hinder them?

Jeroen

Those prices are really good. I know they'll be a bit different up here but still. Now with one Pro-98 spacer, and my 2 casings, I can fly 1G, 2G, 3G and 4G. Great!
LenB

got mine in the mail today! very nice!

Now I just have to hope for good "W" and I fly them next weekend!

I also got 4 skids and one blue reload! gonna be a great weekend!

You know I used to like the other guys because they were cheaper, but that price gap has closed up, I got more reloads for the same money this time!

Time to start selling off my AT cases...anyone?

Back