Cesaroni Blue Streak propellant

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nh4clo4

Reaction score
Just saw this on the CTI website:

For Immediate Release - May 8, 2009 - Gormley, Ontario

CTI is pleased to announce a new propellant line: Blue Streak™. The Blue Streak™ propellant features a very bright blue (to purple) flame with clearly visible shock diamonds that is very reminiscent of the flame of fighter jets. The propellant itself is easily distinguishable by its blue color. In the next few weeks we will announce new reload kits featuring this propellant for Pro29™, Pro38™, Pro54™, Pro75™ and Pro150™and AMW54™ hardware.

75-5G_01.jpg

Pro75™-5G Blue Streak™

:cheers:

Wow, you guys at CTI are coming out with some really cool stuff. Those Imax motors look cool too.

When you said the propellant is distinguishable by its blue color, does this mean the grains themselves are blue too???

Just curious.;)

Wow, you guys at CTI are coming out with some really cool stuff. Those Imax motors look cool too.

When you said the propellant is distinguishable by its blue color, does this mean the grains themselves are blue too???

Just curious.;)

Thanks! Your feedback is what keeps us going (and sales off course). This spring we will be introducing 8 new casing sizes, two new propellants and about 70 new motors. Stay tuned.

Yes, the grains are blue. That is not too relevant for 38 and 54, which are factory pre-loaded into the liner. But for the 29's (for USPS shipping) and 75 and up we thought it might make it a bit more interesting. It also helps our production department with 7 different formulations in HPR production right now.

Now, you guess what color our green will be :).

Jeroen

PRO29!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like the CAR certification documents will be available soon. This is quite a bit of work for the CAR MCC, since we plan to start with a motor matrix that is relatively complete from the start.

The plan is to introduce the 29's at a TRA sanctioned launched next weekend.

Thanks! Your feedback is what keeps us going (and sales off course). This spring we will be introducing 8 new casing sizes, two new propellants and about 70 new motors. Stay tuned.

[snippy]

Jeroen

:y:You guys have been BUSY at CTI! And here I was trying to formulate my motor budget for the year!:rolleyes: Can't wait to see all the new offerings!:clap:

Yes, the grains are blue. That is not too relevant for 38 and 54, which are factory pre-loaded into the liner. But for the 29's (for USPS shipping) and 75 and up we thought it might make it a bit more interesting. It also helps our production department with 7 different formulations in HPR production right now.

Jeroen

Jeeze that's a lot. Does the new Blue Streak count as one of the two new propellants for this spring, or are there two other propellants that will be coming out soon?

Jeeze that's a lot. Does the new Blue Streak count as one of the two new propellants for this spring, or are there two other propellants that will be coming out soon?

This would be one of them. But there is also summer, fall, ... ;-)

Anyone remember the "good ol' days" when it was just "Standard" and "Smokey Sam" ??

I do!

Wow, I feel a wee bit old...no...just experienced!

I can't wait to try some of this!

Jason

Back