Cesaroni 54mm Starter Set - are all the parts required? What is the aft closure for?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimbroix

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am putting together a 54mm rocket that I am going to run a 3-5 grain motor in. I was looking at the Cesaroni 54mm starter set to use for my return to rocketry. I am going to DD so I dont need the Pro-DAT, might not need spacers if I purchase a 4 grain case.

What about the aft closure? If I purchase just a 4g case, no closure, the propellent kits come with everything else I need, right? What is the aft closure for?

Any suggestions welcome. I am building a hyper loc 300 and need to run a 5 grain or less casing.

https://www.apogeerockets.com/Rocket_Motors/Cesaroni_Casings/54mm_Casings/Cesaroni_54mm_Starter_Set

To hold the reload in. Everything you need to know is on their website.

Hey guys, I am putting together a 54mm rocket that I am going to run a 3-5 grain motor in. I was looking at the Cesaroni 54mm starter set to use for my return to rocketry. I am going to DD so I dont need the Pro-DAT, might not need spacers if I purchase a 4 grain case.

What about the aft closure? If I purchase just a 4g case, no closure, the propellent kits come with everything else I need, right? What is the aft closure for?

Any suggestions welcome. I am building a hyper loc 300 and need to run a 5 grain or less casing.

https://www.apogeerockets.com/Rocket_Motors/Cesaroni_Casings/54mm_Casings/Cesaroni_54mm_Starter_Set
Although the Pro38 reloads come with aft closures as part of the reload, none of the other sizes do. Pro29, Pro54, Pro75, Pro98, and Pro150 all require a separate aft closure. 75, 98, and 150 also have forward closure assemblies.

I'm guessing you had used or seen CTI 38's before ? Those and Hypertek hybrids are the only reloadables I know of that don't have an aft closure.

you will need spacers in a four grain case to fly two and three grain loads

Although the Pro38 reloads come with aft closures as part of the reload, none of the other sizes do. Pro29, Pro54, Pro75, Pro98, and Pro150 all require a separate aft closure. 75, 98, and 150 also have forward closure assemblies.

yep, that is it. I have been using pro38's in the past. Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Back