Certification of High Power Reloads

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a lot more to it than that...DOT numbers, hardware & igniters must be supplied along with 3 reloads of every delay type. i.e.
3 G-64-4's [3-G-64-7's] 3-G-64-10's.. some larger motor only 2...deposit on test equipment 500.00.... for possible damage...motor test 40.00@ motor etc. etc. you must be considered a manufacturer with all needed shipping numbers and hazmat.

If you PM me with your e-mail address, I will send the testing package paperwork...file to large to post.

There is a lot more to it than that...DOT numbers, hardware & igniters must be supplied along with 3 reloads of every delay type. i.e.
3 G-64-4's [3-G-64-7's] 3-G-64-10's.. some larger motor only 2...deposit on test equipment 500.00.... for possible damage...motor test 40.00@ motor etc. etc. you must be considered a manufacturer with all needed shipping numbers and hazmat.

If you PM me with your e-mail address, I will send the testing package paperwork...file to large to post.

I suspect nobody has made the $500 test equipment deposit in years and years. We know the manufacturers. If something is damaged by a cato they get billed for the actual cost of damages.

Burned wires is the usual damage.
I never had anyone pony up the deposit. The test stand had shear pin system to prevent damage to the load cell.
I you were thinking of having the motors certifided so they can be used at a commercial launch it's not going to happen without spending a lot of money. DOT testing cost is very high.

M

Back