cert1 AMRAAM

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would guess that an Ellis Mountain motor would be nice...it looks like the only one that might be able to lift it would be the I154, but then you'll seriously be pushing it. I'd say find someone with a LEUP to buy you the motor and then assemble it with you.

Jason

Why do you want to go with a Single Use motor..???

On top of everything else i'm guessing they're nearly impossible to find right now...

RMS i'd say an H180 on the small side or an I211...

I guess i'm kind of brain dead a little bit, i hear SU and automatically assume AeroTech, there's alot more out there.. the Ellis stuff, maybe some CTI loads too would suit ya but they would need hardware..

I'd cast a vote for a Pro38 I205 (3-grain). It would make for a nice slow'n'low cert flight with that AMRAAM 4!

Ellis Mountain has a SU H45 motor too. It's not gonna lift that AMRAAM though!

Originally posted by jetra2
I'd say find someone with a LEUP to buy you the motor and then assemble it with you.

Jason

Until the ATFE NPRM passes LEUPs are not required to purchase reloads with less than 62.5 grams per slug. This includes all AT and CTI 38mm loads.

Contact the club you will be flying with and I am sure they can find somebody to loan/rent some hardware for either company. I know our club will loan out hardware for cert flights at no charge, assuming it is not destroyed.

Reloads will save you a few bucks and are easy to assemble. If you are a little worried ask one of the members to watch and make sure you are doing it right, we/they want you to succeed.

Good Luck

Back