Cert rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L1: PML Explorer on an H238T. Maybe 2000'. Deployment was early and I ended up with a dent on the piston, but still passed flight worthiness. Indeed, I ended up cutting out the piston for subsequent flights.

L2: Performance Mad Dog 4 Dual Deploy (named Starbreaker) on a K550. 6521'. Perfect flight.

L3: Still trying to save up money for this one, but I keep wasting it on rocketry :D

Russ Roberts
TRA L2
SEARS572

L3: Still trying to save up money for this one, but I keep wasting it on rocketry :D
That's me to a 'T'!:roll: I am thinking I MIGHT be able to get around to it next summer..Making preliminary plans now to go out west to take in LDRS!:clap:

L1
Rocket: 3.1X upscaled Estes Patriot
Motor: Aerotech H180W, motor ejection
Alt: 1900ft

L2
Rocket: 3.1X upscaled Estes Patriot stretched for DD
Motor: Aerotech J350W, PF HiAlt45 Dual-Deploy
Alt: 4835ft

L3
Rocket: 5.5" upscaled Estes Blue Bird Zero (Black Bird Zero)
Motor: Aerotech M1297W, Dual PF HiAlt45's
Alt: 8456ft

--- Thread Necro ---

I was about to post a thread asking for folks to post the motors they used, and the apogee alts on their respective certification flights. It was just something that interested me. But I did a search first and found this older thread, which had the info I was looking for. It would be great for folks to update this and post their results dating after Aug 2009 (which is when this thread was last posted in until now).

So, I'll add mine to date:

L1-----
Rocket - scratch built (LOC 3" airframe & NC)
Motor - AT H128-W, motor eject
Alt. - 1590'
Notes: Fine flight, no problems other than lower than simmed apogee. This rocket was actually designed to be flown in three ways: A) as on this flight with a single motor, B) as a two stage with a three way cluster off the pad, staging to a single airstarted central motor, or C) as a 4 way cluster. It has since flown successfully in all three configurations.

Please post your own results/stats.

s6

Back