Centuri The Bug and Achilles builds

Discussion in 'Low Power Rocketry (LPR)' started by SCIGS30, Oct 21, 2014.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. May 7, 2019 #31

GlenP

GlenP

GlenP

Thanks, these were fun builds, and a trip down memory lane. I think I will leave them as is for now, until I have some empty space on my next decal sheet at least. The transitions are actually orange, so with the green bands they kind of resemble the colors of the flag of Ireland.

If I ever make a transition/payload rocket with a larger dia nose than the fin can, then I would have to put the lug on a standoff on the body, that would be a good place to use the Mexican logo, so it would be a Mexican standoff...

Next, I am taking this thread to CUBA!
    (Apologies for the hijack/necro posts.)

2. May 7, 2019 #32

jqavins

jqavins

jqavins

Joseph Avins TRF Supporter

Ah. And Ireland doesn't seem to have a space agency of its own.
    Ugh! Pun of the day award.
    Ever heard the one about the hijacker who walks into the cockpit of a South America bound airplane with a gun (this was in the '70s, after all) and demands "Take this plane to Cube!"

The pilot calmly turns the plane a few degrees off of it's planned route. The highjacker says "Didn't you here me? Take me to Cuba!"

The pilot says "I heard you. Keep your shirt on," and just keeps flying.

After about 20 minutes the highjacker, getting rather nervous, yells "CUBA! Take me to Cuba!!" At this, the navigator reaches up and pulls a lever on the cockpit's ceiling. A trap door opens under the highjacker, who falls through and out of the plane.

The navigator looks over from his chair through the hole and says "I think that was Cuba."