Centuri Taurus upscale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we are the only two who know about your rocket anymore.
Everyone else abandoned the thought that you'd ever get it done after the first attempt. But if you want to keep posting it I will keep giving you a hard way of it buddy.
Oh yeah , when I write on walls I only use washable crayon.:kill:

I was a little bit pissed about not flying on Sunday until I went outside to get a picture of the Taurus with the pods attached. It got blown off the porch and one of the pods came off. Kinda gusty.

Originally posted by stevecarr
I think we are the only two who know about your rocket anymore.
Everyone else abandoned the thought that you'd ever get it done after the first attempt.
Not everybody. ;)

And "Centuri Guy" makes three. :eek:

BTW, got 2 boxes which included nose cones and transitions for my own 1.00X Taurus clone today!

Cheers,

--Jay

I got a box with some different transitions on Saturday. I'm not sure why. They're not all that different from the other ones, but I'll use them because they're apparently what Semroc's Taurus would use. (If it existed in any place but my fevered mind.)

Originally posted by Fishhead
I got a box with some different transitions on Saturday. I'm not sure why. They're not all that different from the other ones,
Carl's current BR-813's measure 1.7" long, while Centuri's PR-813's (used in the Taurus) were 1.5" long. (Carl calls these BR-813P's.) A tiny difference, but apparently noticeable to those of us who Know Way Too Much For Our Own Good.

but I'll use them because they're apparently what Semroc's Taurus would use. (If it existed in any place but my fevered mind.) [/QUOTE] And mine, as well. Now that I have all of the nose cones (including BC-517 pod cones, like Buzz Nau's), the transitions ("reducers"), CR-713 centering rings, and various other necessary bits... I have *no* excuse not to build a 1.00X (100%) Taurus clone using SEMROC parts.

Except for the current laundry list of projects already on my workbench. :p

Cheers,
--Jay

Originally posted by Fishhead
And this is just after final assembly. The pods have since been attached, but it was too late and I was too tired to take a picture.

One of my favorite Centuri kits. I have built/flown dozens of them. Looking forward to flight photos! Send a copy to Hobby Bench in Phoenix, AZ c/o Lee Piester!

Jerry

Originally posted by centuriguy
Carl's current BR-813's measure 1.7" long, while Centuri's PR-813's (used in the Taurus) were 1.5" long. (Carl calls these BR-813P's.) A tiny difference, but apparently noticeable to those of us who Know Way Too Much For Our Own Good.

but I'll use them because they're apparently what Semroc's Taurus would use. (If it existed in any place but my fevered mind.)
And mine, as well. Now that I have all of the nose cones (including BC-517 pod cones, like Buzz Nau's), the transitions ("reducers"), CR-713 centering rings, and various other necessary bits... I have *no* excuse not to build a 1.00X (100%) Taurus clone using SEMROC parts.

Except for the current laundry list of projects already on my workbench. :p

Cheers,
--Jay
[/QUOTE]

It would be trivial to have BMS make you the "right" one.

Jerry

Seems like a year ago that I started this project, but Sunday I was finally able to get a couple flights in with it despite the overcast and wind. The overcast did lessen my ability to get many decent shots, but these two came out okay.

And I managed to get something of a launch shot. Not the majestic shot I was hoping for, but at least there's a flame.

And wouldn't you know it. I treed it on it's second flight.:D

(Well, yeah, the tree's only waist high, but it's still a tree.:D )

Just wanted to say congrats on the Taurus. Beautiful rocket! I still haven't flown my restored Taurus, maybe this spring I'll risk it.

Back