Centuri Sabre Clone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCIGS30

Reaction score
Here is my 3 day build the Centuri Sabre Clone. I normally don't build clones since most old rockets are pretty easy to obtain over time. I have noticed the newer Centuri kits from the 80's that utilized Estes parts are hard to come by. My guess is there were not as many of those kits produced. Luckily I had all the parts to build this rocket including the older one piece nose cone. The decals were printed on my Alps printer. The first day was spent building the rocket, went together fast, simple build. The parts online were perfect when printed out as you can see from the wrap around marking guide. The next day I brushed on 3 coats of dope based sanding sealer and shot the Krylon Gloss white. Next day, masked the white and shot Krylon Red. I allowed the red to dry a few hours then applied the decals. Fast simple build, finished in 3 days.

Attachments

• Centuri Sabre Face Card.jpg
    Centuri Sabre Face Card.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_0022.JPG
    DSC_0022.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_0034.JPG
    DSC_0034.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_0036.JPG
    DSC_0036.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC_0039.JPG
    DSC_0039.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC_0046.JPG
    DSC_0046.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC_0052.JPG
    DSC_0052.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_0056.JPG
    DSC_0056.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 22
Another nice classic build.

in an unrelated tangent, that Centuri lantern battery launcher would be a good candidate for taking detailed dimensions and making a 3D printable model, if there is not one already.

Here is my 3 day build the Centuri Sabre Clone. I normally don't build clones since most old rockets are pretty easy to obtain over time. I have noticed the newer Centuri kits from the 80's that utilized Estes parts are hard to come by. My guess is there were not as many of those kits produced. Luckily I had all the parts to build this rocket including the older one piece nose cone. The decals were printed on my Alps printer. The first day was spent building the rocket, went together fast, simple build. The parts online were perfect when printed out as you can see from the wrap around marking guide. The next day I brushed on 3 coats of dope based sanding sealer and shot the Krylon Gloss white. Next day, masked the white and shot Krylon Red. I allowed the red to dry a few hours then applied the decals. Fast simple build, finished in 3 days.
I like the launchpad cant find one. Would be a great 3D print project.

LG~

Latest posts

Back