• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Centuri PNC-167 Nose cone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Massrokit

Reaction score
Would like to get. This is the Nike Smoke looking cone to fit a ST-16 tube. Willing to buy at reasonable price or trade. Please contact via PM Thank you.

Not that I can help, but Quest had an injection molded Nike Smoke that IIRC didn't fit Estes body tubes... I wonder if that would be a good substitute?

I purchased a replica PNC-167 from Moldin' Oldies available from www.siriusrocketry.com several years ago. I can not get to their website on this computer. So I can
not verify if Moldin' Oldies still offers this nose cone.
Speaking of oldies, it is running Windows 98...

I do have an original Centuri Nike Smoke kit that I never finished. It has a two-part vacuum formed nose cone that frustrated me back in the late '60s.

Chas

Quest used Metric body tubes, that's why most of their NC's never truly fit Estes BT's. The PNC -167 I believe was a injected molded one piece. 16 mean it fitted ST-16 and it was 7 inches long. used both on Centuri model and Enerjet model.

The Quest cone is for the T35 (35mm) tube, which would be closer to the ST-13, but wouldn't fit anyway.

IIRC, the cone on the Centuri Nike Smoke that I had in the late '70s was blow-molded. I never finished it - screwed up trying to get the correct taper on the fins. I don't have the cone any more, but I don't remember what became of it.

Any reason the Estes Nike Smoke is not acceptable? It is essentially the same kit as the old Centuri kit except it has a blow mold cone rather than the injection molded version.

Still looking for. Mostly a weight thing. Does anyone know the weight of the cone I'll looking for?

Back