I first bought this kit in 1975 and did the typical 12 year old, cut the fins out ( no sanding required ) and just glued them on. Painted it metal flake blue (man it was cool ) and launched it a bunch of times. Untill one day, the nose cone and parachute went one way and the rocket body went another. I happened to recover the BT. but the NC was no where to be found. I kept the BT all these years with all my other rockets thinking someday it would be rebuilt. This year I found " The Rocketry Forum". After chatting with The Famous "Sandman" one night, he said it would not be a problem to whip up a new nosecone and he would have me flying again. Well, time to rebuild. I removed the old planks that served as the wings. That left me with the BT. and the original motor mount. I reglued the MM. and sanded the old paint job off. Cut new fins and paper wraps that serve as straps on the rocket. Sanded the fins to scale glued them all on very carefully, and gave the rocket a couple of coats of primer. When the new nosecone arrived, I carefully sanded, gave it a few coats of sealer and sanded it again. A little primer and ready for paint. This time it has a scale paint job and looks "COOLER " than it did in 1975. I'd like to thank Sandman for his help in this project. Also JimZ for the great decals. Here's the finished rocket.