Quantcast

Center of Pressure

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Alan R

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
oh. was I wrong? I thought mine was just an "unzip and drop it where you want it" thing

neil_w

Working on 20K
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
oh. was I wrong? I thought mine was just an "unzip and drop it where you want it" thing
You can do that as well, but many folks have Java compatibility problems, and the packaged installer Craig linked above solves many (most?) of them.

If you want to use the raw .jar file, you must have Java version 8, although problems can still arise.

mbeels

Yes balsa
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't work for me (running linux), I get many pages of javax/script/ScriptEngineFactory errors and "Illegal reflective access operations".

Maxwelljets

Reaction score
It doesn't work for me (running linux), I get many pages of javax/script/ScriptEngineFactory errors and "Illegal reflective access operations".
You need the correct JRE installation. IIRC it only works with JRE 8, and if you have any other versions of JRE it becomes a headache to get openrocket properly associated with only that one. I have an ancient Lenovo X61 that I keep around because it's a wacom tablet, and in order to get Openrocket installed on it with Lubuntu I ended up uninstalling everything java related but OpenJDK Java 8.

Last edited:

Daddyisabar

Oddrocs Rule!
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
1234 Pressure. Take your oddroc up for inspection. The club president is an aerospace engineer who likes to do Barrowmans with pencil and paper. All you have is mindsim, nothing more than Peter Pan advice. Feel the Pressure! It is still Billy Joel to me! One viewing of the old video on an RCA XL 100 with a mechanical tuner and the CP becomes clear. Yes, I survived the Eighties.

Daddyisabar

Oddrocs Rule!
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Where is the gosh dern CP? Flying on 2 F15 0s plugged with epoxy, relying solely on drag seperation for deployment. Top men watching with interest at the research launch. PRESSURE!
IMG_20160612_122452789.jpg