Quantcast

CEN ATX / Sanwa Dash Sabre

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Karl

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My mom & dad have just bought me a 2nd hand nitro car. But after using it I came across a few problems.

When I break , the car cuts out fully . So I changed the idle screw so that the carburetor has a 1 - 1 1/2 mm hole in it when it's on full beak. But still no luck. So I changed the ratio of air / fuel going into the engine using the car was running more rich. Still no luck. ( Im using Trinity Mega-Horse power 20% fuel. )

It was the first time I used it on a mixture of soft short grass , smooth concrete path , 'pebble' carpark & wood chippings. (Jumps) And after 1/2 - 3/4 of a tank of fuel the 2staged gear box stripped. One gear is fine , but the main gear has clearley stripped all the teeth.

When I was using it I noticed that steering left was a real problem. It was very weak. So I picked the car up & turned left and the wheels go left but stick in that position and go click click click ............Someone did suggest that the steering servo was broke but the guy who I got it off said that It was only fitted last week :confused:

Does anyone know what could be wrong with the servo , and why this gear stripped so quickly? When I pick up a new gear tomorow should I take it easily & 'run it in' first?

Thanks
Karl

rokitflite

Reaction score
Hi Karl,
Try your clutch shoes. If they are in constant contact with the inside of the cluth bell this could cause it to die when you force it to come to a complete stop. Also, if it is an on-road car and you use it on a surface with poor traction (grass, pebbles etc) this will cause the gears to strip ESPECIALLY with a 2-speed tranny.

Karl

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Well I've orderd a new supur gear & servo. I took a look inside the servo and on some of the cogs, teath have stripped :-( So a new servo should be here soon :)

Im using the car offroad & onroad , it's a cross between a stadium tuck & a buggy.

When I install the new gear , it means talking the whole a$$ part off! So I'll take a look at the clutch shoes.

Thank you
Karl

Karl

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Right , *Finaly* My local hobby store got a new gear in to day. I fitted a new servo & gear . Brilliant. Then 10 mins into using it , the car goes and strips yet another brand new gear!! Now im going to have to wait another 1-2 weeks to get a replacement. Does anyone know why these are going so fast?
Thanks
Karl :mad: