Cats or Dogs?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cats or Dogs?

• Total voters
I thought bathing a cat involved putting some soap in the bowl of a clean toilet, quickly and carefully tossing the cat into the toilet, closing the lid and flushing. After 30 seconds or so, don your full Kevlar suit, stand clear and with a open path to the front door, lift the lid. Said cat will instantly relocate to some far off place not to be seen for about a week.

Being allergic to cats, I'm obviously not owned by any cats but I do appreciate them from afar.

Yes, but why would anyone try to use a hair dryer after the cat peed on it? It'd go in the trash immediately, in my house!
Re: cat pee. When Shadow adopted us about 20 years ago he was incredibly friendly for an unfixed stray male. Took him to the vet across the street, figured a stout cardboard box would be good enough for a 30-yard walk each way. Well, he apparently had been saving up his pee all night---and he let go while I was holding the box in the waiting room. The shirt and jeans were ok after a couple of washings but I had to throw away the belt and shoes. He treated me with a great deal of suspicion for the next few years...

For those who don't know, unfixed male cat pee is orders of magnitude worse than any other cat pee.

Bathing a cat is simple. You just need an inch or so of warm water in the tub, some mild shampoo, chain mail, and three pairs of welding gloves. :D
Our sphynx gets a bath every week or so, to get rid of the body oil that normally gets distributed on fur. Our devon rex less frequently. Plenty of water, up to their belly, and nice and warm in the laundry trough. I use baby shampoo. They love it. No problems with scratching :). Maybe my cats are more placid and trusting than the average puss.

Last edited:
Is not possible. They just don't fit no matter how many different ways you try.
Our white cat had a habit of sitting on the toilet and waiting for a pat while we were in the bathroom. One day I was having a leak and it decided to jump up on the toilet. Of course it fell straight through the seat that wasn't there and madly thrashed about in the water in the bowl while being peed upon. Managed to extricate himself after a couple of seconds. Had to give him a bath after that. Absolutely the funniest thing he has done 😂.

We had an orange long hair something take a running dash from one end of the hallway down to the other, leaped into the air and stuck itself to the wall 5 ft. high. I've no idea what got up it's ass to stick itself to a wall.

One of our current cats chases the tennis ball and brings it back to us.

One of our previous Devon Rex cats was called Mis (pronounced Mish), which is Croatian for mouse.

Our Lucy (Yellow Lab rescued from the street) is a true RINO (Retriever In Name Only.)

She’ll fetch the ball three times, then pick it up and drop it where it is (“Yeah, right, YOU go get it!”) and go back to her favorite pass-time, ground sniffing.

Very different from the mutt I had growing up, Wags. He would fetch over and over again until he would just about drop from exhaustion. Used to take him for a walk (no leash laws in the 70s) around our neighborhood. I would PRETEND to throw a ball. He’d search in the bushes and come back with one. I would pocket it, keep walking, and pretend to throw it again. He’d rummage around in the next set of bushes and come back with another ball. Averaged 5 or 6 balls a day for a couple of weeks, then I guess the bushes were all fished out.

My brother would hit softballs down the street, probably range 75 yards or so including the roll, Wags would grab it and bring it back. Fetching was his favorite thing in the world.

BTW, I voted for dogs.

China Kicks Off 10 Day Dog Meat Festival
22 Jun 2020

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/china-kicks-10-day-dog-meat-festival
You'd think eating random animals - not to mention pets - in China would be frowned upon at this point. But a little global pandemic hasn't stopped organizers from kicking off a 10 day dog meat festival, despite pushback from activists and government, according to the South China Morning Post. This despite earlier reports that China would no longer market dogs as livestock.

The festival is known to attract "thousands of visitors" who buy dogs "for the pot" that are on display. Animal rights activists are trying diligently to get the festival disbanded permanently.

Animal rights activist Peter Li said: "I do hope Yulin will change, not only for the sake of the animals but also for the health and safety of its people. Allowing mass gatherings to trade in and consume dog meat in crowded markets and restaurants in the name of a festival poses a significant public health risk."

pups.png

BTW, I voted for dogs.

China Kicks Off 10 Day Dog Meat Festival
22 Jun 2020

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/china-kicks-10-day-dog-meat-festival
You'd think eating random animals - not to mention pets - in China would be frowned upon at this point. But a little global pandemic hasn't stopped organizers from kicking off a 10 day dog meat festival, despite pushback from activists and government, according to the South China Morning Post. This despite earlier reports that China would no longer market dogs as livestock.

The festival is known to attract "thousands of visitors" who buy dogs "for the pot" that are on display. Animal rights activists are trying diligently to get the festival disbanded permanently.

Animal rights activist Peter Li said: "I do hope Yulin will change, not only for the sake of the animals but also for the health and safety of its people. Allowing mass gatherings to trade in and consume dog meat in crowded markets and restaurants in the name of a festival poses a significant public health risk."

pups.png
Mmmmm hush puppies!

It isn't a joke. They skin these poor dogs alive. They don't kill them first. It is most barbaric in my opinion and should somehow me stopped. :mad:
Your somewhat cavalier response indicated to me that you thought it was.

It isn't a joke. They skin these poor dogs alive. They don't kill them first. It is most barbaric in my opinion and should somehow me stopped. :mad:

before being skinned alive, they are starved, dead ones left to rot with the live ones, and beaten daily. the dogs can also be burned/torched alive. the dogs can have their front legs tied behind their backs when put on display for sale.
anyone who makes a joke of this is pretty sick

Well well well... I guess that dogs got 48.5% of the vote so statistically us dog lovers won. Dogs rule and cats bite.

Well well well... I guess that dogs got 48.5% of the vote so statistically us dog lovers won. Dogs rule and cats bite.
That's pretty offensive. People love their cats too. I've had both dogs and cats. They are different but equal. The difference is that a dog sees you as a member of it's pack and a cat sees you as it's mother. I believe there are more pet cats than pet dogs, so nationally, I'd say cats are more popular. I'll say one other thing, I've never heard of anyone being killed by a domestic cat. You can't say that for dogs.
Love your dog, but don't slam cats. That's like insulting someone's child.

and a cat sees you as it's mother.
I dunno about that. My experience leads me to think more along the lines of friend and associate.
Although who knows what goes through their cueball sized brains when stoned on nip.
25863570933_80b49b2421_w.jpg

🤔
Those characters are 10 and 12 years old now, WHEN did THAT happen?????????????????? :eek:

Back