Cats or Dogs?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cats or Dogs?

• Total voters
My son's new cat likes to play in the toilet. So, we've started keeping the lid down to avoid wet butt cheeckus groseus...

That's a exception. Only a few bad and dumb dogs do that
Like, EVERY ONE I'VE EVER MET.

Let's be honest, EVERY dog will drink out of the toilet if they can reach it. Claiming "Only a few bad and dumb dogs do that" is spin. Not very believable spin, at that.

Now, for the disclaimer: I love dogs, too. I've had to put down more than one dog because of old age or other problems. I have cried for each and every one of them. I just understand their shortcomings and make adjustments.

punch line variation:

"I think you better pet the dog first"
I heard it a bit differently:

Two University of Georgia fans were at a football game at Sanford stadium and they saw UGA X doing as dogs commonly do. First one says to the other, "You see that dog down there, licking hisself?"

Second one says, "Yeah, sure do."

"I'd like to be able to do that!" says the first fan.

Second fan replies, "That dog would biiiite!"

(Must be read in a Jeff Foxworthy accent.)

artworks-000118284168-wu3aje-t500x500.jpg

The bit about cats being aloof and never interacting with you is waaay oversimplified. Last night while we were watching TV, one cat came and sat on my lap for a while. Later on, another cat nestled up beside me and purred.

Me thinks animals sense aggression or friendliness towards them and react accordingly.

There’s also a socialization factor. The more either cats or dogs are around people when they are very young, the friendlier they will be.

Okay, the voting choices are cats, dogs, both - but what, what about cats, what about dogs, what about both? That you like them? That you prefer them? That you have them? That you want them?
Since there doesn't seem to be definition of what the voting choices mean, I'll just talk.
In my childhood and teen years our family had a beagle then a collie.
Love them both and will happily tell stories about them.
Since getting out on my own way back when, I've had cats when living place allowed pets.
With my health the mess it is, they have turned out more practical to mesh my lifestyle and limitations with their needs.

And the 11 year old orange tabby rescue fellow I named Grumman is right now inserting his reclining self between me and the keyboard.
He fits there a bit more practically than our 60 pound collie of the 1970s and 80s would have.
And she would have tried, too! 🤣

How could a person not love a pair of feline fellows who truly and literally are in to space and space models:
😸😺
26277966212_738b3333c6_z.jpg

26097480660_6210760de8_z.jpg

As a family we have a long hair black cat called Black'n, and mutt cat called Doug, and a Black and White Bi Australian Sheppard. We are an Aussie family, have been for 30+ years... cats are generally what are offered to us for free. Until we got Doug, none of the cats we have ever had gave us the time of day. Feed us and clean the box, otherwise "shove off!" Doug is the most loving 18.6 lb cat we have ever owned.

Back