Cats or Dogs?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cats or Dogs?

• Total voters
Robert Heinlein pointed out something like "Cats are free citizens. Dogs are slaves. It's not their fault, it's how they're bred." And it's true that dogs are often frantically eager to serve their master/mistress. Very few cats do that.

I was a dog person as a kid, but have not been without a cat for more than a month or so in the last 40+ years. Got three right now. Boo is black, 16 lb, not fat, looks like a bloody panther. And is an awful scaredy-cat when it comes to thunderstorms. His mom Magic is a longhair black, and the newest one, Dale, is a gray tabby.

Cats and big dogs.

Cats domesticated themselves by hanging around farms where the rodent pickings were easy. Dogs were domesticated by people. That has made all the difference.

Our cat has no litter box in the house, it's all done outside.....somewhere. To date, no house accidents with the exception of two cases of cat 'bargle woof' on the floor.

Dogs.
Never had a cat recover a downed duck, tree a squirrel, bring back a ball, or let me know something was prowling in the yard.
Never had a dog climb all over my brand new truck, pee on my lawnmower seat, or climb through the open window of my truck.

I currently have neither. Haven't had a cat since I was a child. Haven't had me a dog since my beloved chocolate lab disappeared. We had a shitzu some years back that we couldn't house break so we sold it. Recently had a Chihuahua mix that stayed outside but every time Emmy played with it, she would get sick. So it had to go, gave it away.

We have both. Sally (Cat, a combo of our names), Dodger (cat, stray found after dodging a Dodge truck), Marley (dog, black curly haired labradoodle), and Charlotte (cat, found near downtown near hospital my wife works at. So Charlotte, the harlot)

My dog is gettin older. She's just turned 12. Gotta take her to the vet tomorrow. She's got a growth on her LH elbow that started out the size of a walnut. Now it's bigger than my fist. They looked at it a couple of months ago and said it was a fatty tumor. Now it's looking big and she's licking it a lot. I love the dog, but reality is such that I'm not gonna pay for a operation. Practicality over feelings when it comes to pets... Harsh, I know, but money has to figure in. She still is happy, so quality of life is OK, but if this growth bursts... But it still sucks...
So if she goes, I'm probably not gonna replace her until I retire. Living in two homes is a PITA. Taking her back and forth to the GF's house, and the GF's dog keeps tryin to kill my dog, so they can't live in the house together. My dog gets the barn... My boy's cat will sit with me occasionally, so that will have to do.

Attachments

• 0608131747.jpg
    0608131747.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Ella.JPG
    Ella.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 52
So many cats so few recipes....

Umm, Dogs we cant have cats or most breeds of dogs due to allergies.

Juno is our 65lb lapdog a F1b Sheepadoodle (Old English Sheepdog Standard Poodle mix) absolutely no shedding, or at least we dont find her hair anywhere, cant say the same for my wife and two daughters......20191213_194314.jpeg

dogs. because even my deaf dog knows sign language. When was the last time cats did that?
the only good cat is a flat one.

We have three of each. My associate is more of a cat person and me the dog person.

I enjoy having a little dog. As I’m typing this, he is in our bed lying on his back and snoring. That sound is the most satisfying and relaxing noise I can thing of. God bless yorkies! He was with me when I had my heart attack and kept me calm until help came. He is more than a pet for sure.

Latest posts

Back