CATO Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hospital_Rocket

Reaction score
The next CATO launch is scheduled for Saturday, September 18th, at the Durham field, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. We have Large Model Rocket Notification to 4,000 feet AGL. Limits: 125g or less propellant and rockets must be no heavier than 3.3 pounds. Very loud motors, i.e., F20s & F25s, will need permission from the officers to be flown. (We have not turned anybody down after noon, just trying to be polite to the neighbors) Flight fees: $5 (members); $10 (non-members). Kids fly free!

This is the first time in my life I have hoped my own launch would be rained out. That way I can go to CMASS for the FlisKits Celebration.

We are also planning a "kick off the fall season" night launch on 10/18 :D

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
The next CATO launch is scheduled for Saturday, September 18th, at the Durham field, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. We have Large Model Rocket Notification to 4,000 feet AGL. Limits: 125g or less propellant and rockets must be no heavier than 3.3 pounds. Very loud motors, i.e., F20s & F25s, will need permission from the officers to be flown. (We have not turned anybody down after noon, just trying to be polite to the neighbors) Flight fees: $5 (members); $10 (non-members). Kids fly free!

This is the first time in my life I have hoped my own launch would be rained out. That way I can go to CMASS for the FlisKits Celebration.

We are also planning a "kick off the fall season" night launch on 10/18 :D

The boss says we'll definitely still be here.
How about them Kappas?
And a three way race with the Wart Hogs?

I'll have a great big G110 and a rod extension, so it's time to fly the SuperMirage.

Oh yeah...

Bring 'm on brain-boy.

If the Kappa survives the duel I'm thinking about a 3 x D21 run.

Oh yeah...

Bring 'm on brain-boy.

If the Kappa survives the duel I'm thinking about a 3 x D21 run.

And don't forget that monkey killing, turf eating, deltie!

& see some Real motors fly !!!

we have 9.5k waiver with the EX motors....

Bring Some Rockets & we'll provide the motors:cool:

Looking at the long range weather, it looks like the "low" may be right on top of us on Saturday:(

Originally posted by JDcluster
Mostly I to L range

WE've done allot of J and K flights.

JD

hahaha, yeah, there will be some good launches this weekend

Originally posted by flying_silverad
Looking at the long range weather, it looks like the "low" may be right on top of us on Saturday:(

Nay

Naaaaayyy

Heretic, be silent...

The rocket gods are kind and benevolent.

I even flew the Birdie & the Snitch today to appease them.

I bled in the bramble to obtain their forebearance.

Nay

Naaaaayyy

Heretic, be silent...

The rocket gods are kind and benevolent.

I even flew the Birdie & the Snitch today to appease them.

I bled in the bramble to obtain their forebearance.

....and alas, I too gave a pint today....to myself!
drinkup.gif

Oh you'll pay for that all right.
:D

Why aren't you on AIM right now so I can flame you up close and personal....?

All my transgressions. oh woe is me....

I will go out now and sacrifice my Thrustline kits to the rocket gods.

Alas!

I quit listening to NWS. They never did get their new prediction supercomuter working right. They've gone completely wonky. Look at Hurricane Javier. It's in the Pacific. By definition, a hurricane is in the Atlantic, it's a tropical storm in the Pacific. Who can trust people who can't follow their own definitions they made up themselves? Criminy, they can't even get their name right. Meteorologists study meteors. NWS should be weatherologists. Climatologists study climate, after all. If meteorologists study weather, do asteroidologists study climate? No. If they want to predict a 30% chance of falling rocks, fine, otherwise, get it right.

Here's how I do it: There's a total of 230% chance of rain given for all the 12 hour periods for the next week. That means chances are even it'll rain two and a half times during the next 7 days. That's a 1/3 chance it'll rain at some time on any day out of the next 7. I'll make that prediciton and stick to it. NWS will change their predictions at least twice between now and Saturday, and I'll still be right as often as they are.

I'll just spray paint on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. That'll make it sure to rain on those days, using up the 2.5 times it'll rain during the week, and Saturday will be clear.

Yes it CAN rain 0.5 at a time. That's what happens when water falls out of the blue sky. It's happened twice this summer when I've been painting a rocket. If CATO can have a rain-out date the day before the regular launch date, I can have half a rain.

Originally posted by Infinity&Beyond
Hi,
I'm new here.
Hope the weather is good Saturday.
If so I hope to meet some of you (I live in Cromwell).
Weather permitting I plan to visit with my "little" (I'm in the Big Brother's Program).
Basic rocketeer here (Estes...) but we have fun at it.
Until then... all the best,
Ceij

Well, let me be the first to say welcome to the forum! You'll really like this place. Filled with all sorts of great folks and even better conversation.

Originally posted by Infinity&Beyond
PS: I know everyone likes pictures so here are some...

Well yeahbut....

Not a bunch of big ones embedded like that. The forced download is unfair to people who have slow connections, and some from other countries who might pay by the bandwidth.

Use the little widget at the bottom of the page to insert links instead. That'll make sure everyone can see them if they want but won't force them to clog up their bit pipe if they don't.

Originally posted by DynaSoar

Use the little widget at the bottom of the page to insert links instead. That'll make sure everyone can see them if they want but won't force them to clog up their bit pipe if they don't.

People with slow connections, or pay for bandwidth, can disable the pictures from showing, and they chose to view the picture by clicking on it. :)

But he is right... those pics are on the large size :). I usually reduce my pics to a smaller size (resize or crop ;)).

NWS just upped the probability of precip to 80% all day Saturday for both CATO and CMASS areas. It's not looking good. Darn it, I've got it to rain twice already this week, you'd think it was just about used up!

Back