CATO Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hospital_Rocket

Reaction score
The next CATO launch is scheduled for Sunday, April 18th, at the Sterling field, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. There is a Saturday (April 17th) back-up date.

We'll hold our annual Open Egg Loft Duration Efficiency Contest during this launch. We'll be using brown eggs this year. Ulf (our resident Triboliogist) will bring a stove so we can fry or boil the leftovers, in case you get hungry! Some great kits are available for prizes, so build that egg lofter!

We have a FAA waiver to 2000' AGL with windows to 6000' AGL (from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m.) and to 4000' AGL (from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m.). Limits: "K" impulse and rockets must be no heavier than 100 pounds. Flight fees: $5 (members); $10 (non-members). Kids fly free! Click here for directions. Hope to see you there

Also , we are hoping to have Hangar11 on site to sell motors. Please see our web site (WWW.CATOROCKETS.ORG) for details.

I am hoping like the devil that we don't engage our rain date so I can fly at CMASS on Sat and CATO on Sun.:D

One of those days have to work as I am going into withdrawal.

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
Limits: "K" impulse and rockets must be no heavier than 100 pounds. Flight fees: $5 (members); $10 (non-members). Kids fly free!

I guess that means that the kids still have to be under 100 lbs to fly? :eek:

WW

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
One of those days have to work as I am going into withdrawal.

Well, besides wanting to get together and chat, perhaps we might consider finding a field and chatting over a few burnt engines. I made up for my "missing" 20 years and have about a dozen models that need flight testing. Plus, I reckon I'll need anywhere from 20 to 40 good flights of my dual-glider model for testing the K-F airfoil for my R&D project.

Unfortunately we just had to cancel CATO for this weekend, Our field was, this afternoon under anywhere between 5-7" of water. Being clay we know there is no way it will be ready for a Sunday launch.

Back