CATO Launch-July 17th!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying_silverad

Reaction score
There will be a CATO meet at the Durham fair grounds (field adjacent to...) on July 17th from 0930-1500. Check website for launch status and fees. Come one come all!!!
grlight.gif

Originally posted by flying_silverad
There will be a CATO meet at the Durham fair grounds (field adjacent to...) on July 17th from 0930-1500. Check website for launch status and fees.

This time I will test all the birds I'm bringing for motor and rod fit the night before. And I'll preload my engines with igniters, and my birds with wadding and engine spacers if necessary.

And I will NOT leave my 3 tube cluster airframe Sandman frying on the car hood; it came out with a 10 degree curve due to uneven heating on the fillet between the tubes. Luckily it straightened itself out over a week of sitting upright in the basement.

Less prep! More WHOOSH! The Lamp WILL fly this time.

It seems the Hartford Courant is considering bringing a news team to document our launch this saturday. Formal attire will be required:)

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
It seems the Hartford Courant is considering bringing a news team to document our launch this saturday. Formal attire will be required:)

That's awesome that the local media would take interest. Make sure and wear a clean TRF shirt and represent!

Have fun all!

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket

Well, crud. With the temp expected in the 80's it'll be difficult to wear my Barnum & Bailey's crew jump suit.

Reckon my rock band outfit might be a bit much? I could leave off the yellow fishnet hose.....

That is just plain wrong on more levels than I can say....

Shame you are movin on, I'd love to see that picture in with the officers photos on the web site.

Back