CATO 273 9-21-19

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deangelo54

Reaction score
I wanted to take a minute to mention what a wonderful time my wife and I had at the 9-21-19 CATO launch.
It was well worth driving 250 miles round trip to attend the launch and picnic. Everyone is so friendly. Club members and officers all do so much to make rocketry available as a great experience. The same person that was working the grill was also doing RCO and LCO duty. The conditions were perfect. The grass was cut and the wind was blowing in a very favorable direction.

Glad it was worth the drive for you! This was the best weather I've ever seen at this field. Almost zero wind - I had a flight to 1600' that landed 10 yards from the pad. Can't beat that.

We even had a Jr L1 Cert on an H550 :eek:.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Some other photos:

7.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg

When I came to the June launch the grass was very high which was discouraging. The people that I met were so nice that I wanted to go back. Faith was rewarded with great weather. Fellow fliers and club officials were very helpful showing me how to set up on the HP pads. You posted a couple of nice photos of my green and yellow Sahara. Will they be posted on the CATO sight?

Back