Catalog

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

confederate2

Reaction score
Hello, new to the board. Returning to rocketry after some 35 years. Does anyone know of one of the rocket companies or online companies that has a physical catalog that can be mailed to a person.

While I do 99 percent of my shopping on the internet, because of my slow dial up connection it is sometimes nice to look at an actual catalog rather than wait for numerous photos to load up at a very slow connection. I have done extensive searching at many many sites and they all have online catalogs but no physical catalogs. I would prefer to browse an actual catalog and then go to the internet to order once I have determined what I want.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Sammy in Louisiana

We at Rockethead Rockets can send you a catalog of what we offer. We only have 2 kits out and Mylar parachute. If anyone would like to request one contact us at [email protected] and we will send one out.

Welcome to the forum!

For a catalog, go to various web site like this one.

https://fliskits.com/ordering/01ordering_fs.htm

or

https://www.balsamachining.com/

or

https://www.apogeerockets.com/catalog.asp

Click on the PDF download catalog. You might have to download the PDF software but you will need that in the future anyway.

PDF is the way to go!

Go have a coffee...or a beer.

There's your catalog. Either print it out or save a copy and print it later...or just make a folder for all your catalogs.

I like to make paper catalogs...something to read in the bathroom...oops! way too much information there.

sandman

confederate2

YOu can email me at [email protected] to get a hardcopy FlisKits catalog.

our current catalog features all of our kits (with the exception of our 2 newest). I can include a sheet about the two new kits.

Our catalog also does *not* show our wide selection of parts, but we hope that our next one will.

I would also like to point out that our web site ( https://fliskits.com/ ) is low-speed friendly with the product descriptions and such displayed via fairly low resolution graphics with the photographs (for the most part) reserved in the photo albums which you can avoid easily. For example, our main page loads in about 70-90 seconds at 28.8KB/s

Just send me your address and your catalog can go out with the morning shipment. You'd have it in a couple of days :)

Welcome back to rocketry and welcome to the best rocketry related forum on the net :)

jim flis

launchpad2000.com has the estes/cox catalog on acrobat... its the same thing as the normal, they just scanned the pics and put em up on the computer...

confederate2,

You still want to download PDF. Probably one of the most valuable tool in web use.

You're gonna need it for a lot of stuff on the fliskit site.

It's also very handy for "old" stuff! If you are that new maybe you don't know about this site.

https://www.provide.net/~jimz/jimz.htm

Scroll down and click on "Free Rocket Plans".

Hey guys...do you think THAT will reel him in?

sandman

Thanks to all for the help. Looks like I have a couple of catalogs on the way. Also downloaded and printed the Estes catalog in PDF but unless I am missing something there are no prices in it. No big deal. I can find that at the website after deciding what I want. Thanks again guys

We are glad to have you join us!
I'll bet you don't ever find a site as good as TRF----these guys can answer ANY question.
I would like to get a real, in-your-hand Estes catalog, with prices included for each item, like they used to give away 30 years ago.
But Estes doesn't do that sort of stuff any more.
By all means, take these other guys up on their catalog offers, there are many good vendors out there now who are willing to fill in the void Estes left (when they started acting like just another mega-toy company).
If you are currently in the market for some model rockets, you have excellent timing----there is a half-price sale right now (through Saturday night) at Hobby Lobby. Their Estes kits and starter specials are included.
The place to pick up a couple motors cheap is Wal-Mart, but they don't usually stock many motor choices.
And if you want to try your hand at Micro-Max motors, they have been on clearance at Toys-R-Us for several months. If you can find them, you can get a MMX starter kit with launcher, two ready-to-fly models, and six motors, all for $5.

Wait! My local hobby shop HAS the updated 2003 Estes catalog which has a price list in it. Send me a PM or E-mail and I'll be more than happy to go and one to send to you!!!

Jason

OK, I'm not by any means trying to say "don't support Estes" but in reality, what good does a pricelist from Estes do? I mean with all of the companies out there selling Estes products, why not buy from them? The cost is less....You support other "shops" AND Estes at the same time.

C

Yeah I had dropped you an email Cajunman. I will definitely check my local Hobby Lobby. I just hate traffic and since i got on the internet in 1996 i really like going online order my stuff and having it delivered to my door step. You know what I mean. But thanks for the info.
Sammy

Oh yeh, that's right. Where you're located and where the Hobby Lobby is there, at this time of the year I don't think even a 90% off sale would justify the traffic fight.

My local Hobby Lobby keeps Estes catalogs in stock, and they are free. They do include a price list, but I think it's just a recommended retail price sort of thing. You can generally find the kits online for around 30-40 % off retail.
But if you have a Hobby Lobby, just get your kits there at 1/2 off.
I have also downloaded Quest, and Aerotech catalogs in pdf format. Not sure where I got the Quest one though.
Aerotech's is on their website.

Tim

Back