Cat Person or Dog Person?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Are you a cat or dog person? I'm definitely not a cat person. For one I am allergic to cat dander. Also, you can't walk or play fetch with a cat. At home I have a golden retriever mix named Sparky. He is a great dog. He's 16 now and just had surgery for a torn ACL but he still likes to play and run around.

I don't mind cats, but I'm definitely a dog person.

A dog says:
You feed me,
You shelter me,
You play with me,
You love me...
You must be God!

A cat say:
You feed me,
You shelter me,
You play with me,
You love me...
I must be God!

WW

Originally posted by SecretSquirrel
Slappy says we can't have either in the house.

that is awesome, I want a squirrel

I have 2 dogs, they are awwesome. one is a black lab greyhound mix. the other is a purebred blacklab, and is crazy for the ball

cats, dogs, big or small we love em all!

SecretSquirrel (guess that explains your screen name) - Love that squirrel!! When I was a kid my grandparents adopted a pair of baby squirrels after their nest was blown out of a tree in thier back yard. They had the run of the house! I was pretty young, maybe 6 or 7 but that's one of those things you never forget. Cool Pet!!

We've got 2 dogs, a cat with one eye, a cat with one blue eye and one green eye, a tom cat who never grew any 'nads and one normal cat. All the cats came from the same litter - do ya suppose there was a little inbreeding there? ;)

Cat.
We have three, Fizz, Hobbes & Gary.
Fizz is Gary's mom. Hobbes may be Gary's Dad.

Dog only!;)

Cats....well...they make perfectly good ______________(fill in as desired)

Cats don't like me either!

Im mostly a dog person, but I also have a cat.

My dog is a purebred Australian Shepherd named Scout

I have a cat named Carmen, who is the Houdini of all cats. The day she doesn't find a new way to get out, pigs will start flying.

I also have 2 fish, and a snake

Originally posted by Ozymandias
or play fetch with a cat.

sure you can! You must be tossing the wrong rodents...

:D :D

I'm both a dog and a cat person. I love the loyalty of a dog, and the *attitude* of a cat :)

I personally don't like dogs, always been scared of them for some reason (canine-o-phobia? dogophobia?) Anyways, i like some of the small ones. My friend has a nice little toy fox terrier. Man that thing is hyper :D

Otherwise I like cats, mostly cause they don't jump on ya at first sight and don't bark all the time :) Plus, my cats act as a fpoot warmer in bed in the winter. Long as (check this scenario) we were watching my brother's 2 pet ccats, he was away for a year. Anyways, there was one agressive one and one that drooled a lot. ANyways, the drooly one would LOVE to go under your sheets. Fun waking up in the morning and wondering whether that was cat drool or your drool. Or something else. And, if you wouldn't let him under the sheets, he would lay up close to your head so if you snored and he decided to stretch a leg, it went in your mouth. Yuk yuk.

Both
1 Dog "Buddy" (you can call him anything and he'll come)

5 Cats "Bella", "Bugsie" "Whizzer" (Named that after he peed in one of my favorite hats) "Niles" (Pencil neck snob) and "Sadie"

We live out in the middle of the woods so the cats aren't too much of a pain...except maybe when they bring a snack home.

shelbs, the dog that fears rockets horrifically.

bently, the two thousand dollar breeder cat that my sisters ex-boyfriend gave her for her birthday ( :kill: ) who had a problem with his back so they gave him to us free

sammy, the 30 pound blind in one eye kitty we found in my grannies backyard

squeaky, sams mom, my grannies cat

and ratsy, somehow related to sammy and squeaky in some strange way.

Are you a cat or dog person? I'm definitely not a cat person. For one I am allergic to cat dander. Also, you can't walk or play fetch with a cat.

I'm much more of a cat person. For one thing, cats don't chase you or try to bite you when you're walking or riding a bike past their house. They don't jump all over you with huge muddy feet, or slobber on you, or hump your leg, or bark for hours on end.

BTW, you _can_ play fetch with a cat! At least, some cats will do this. The last cat I had, an orange and white "marmalade" named Hobbes, actually came up with this game on his own. I was sitting at the computer one day, and he was wanting attention but I was working, so I rolled a plastic film canister cap across the room so he'd go play with it. He ran after it, brought it back to me, and then pestered me until I rolled it again. From then on it was his favorite game.

Some dogs are pretty nice though. My wife has had several beagles over the years, and they are really sweet dogs. Golden retrievers are cool too, very good personalities.

Are you a cat or dog person? I'm definitely not a cat person. For one I am allergic to cat dander. Also, you can't walk or play fetch with a cat. At home I have a golden retriever mix named Sparky. He is a great dog. He's 16 now and just had surgery for a torn ACL but he still likes to play and run around.

I'm an animal person. I speak both canine and feline, so I get along equally well with both. I've also howled with wolves, had regular buck snorting arguments with a local whitetail gang leader, shared coffee with cows while the calves and cats chased each other, traded insults with an old wild tom turkey for years, and shared the garden with a black bear (from a distance; he really just wanted to scratch his back on the posts anyway). I can get along with anything I can talk with. Unfortunately inbreeding of many household species makes them less intelligent and too hyper. This is mostly a problem because a good deal of animal communication is non-"verbal".

You most certainly can walk cats. It's in their nature. The mother cat takes kittens on walks to "play" and explore. She lets them go somewhat their own way, then waits and they usually come right back and she walks on some more with them following along in general. She calls them if they don't come and usually they listen. Occasionally she has to go after them. Mostly it's walk and wait, walk and wait. Just as other playing and kitten-like activities continue throughout a cat's life, this does too. I've walked as many as 5 cats together, that didn't all get along inside the house all that well. With enougn space for all of them, we were able to go as far as 1/4 mile from the house and back with no arguments. When one gets "stuck" they usually just want your attention for some really interesting thing or to show off their tree scratching prowess or some such. You can tell because they keep looking back and forth and you and the thing and you and the thing.... Go up and give them some attention and then they come back to the walk.

I do have a cat that plays fetch. And shakes hands. I didn't teach him these things, he taught me. We didn't have a dog around, so I have no idea where he got this. His brother (the rocket-building-helper in the "Fat Cat" thread and pictures) taught me to turn on the faucets, the outside water pump, and flush the toilet, so he could watch the water. It's amazing what animals will tell you and do if you just pay enough attention to learn what they mean. You can find that some animals you didn't like the "kind" of are perfectly fine people. And some of the kind you did like are complete jerks, just like people. Either way, they're a lot easier to understand than people. 10 years of studying psychology and I still can't figure out people. They don't seem to be able to act and make sounds that mean the same thing very well, poor things.

Over the years we've had a cat that would meet me on the way home from work, a cat that would follow us to the shops and back, and one that learned how to open the front door to let himself in. In fact one of our current cats has figured out how that works too, but the door handle is just too stiff or him.

Originally posted by SecretSquirrel
Slappy says we can't have either in the house.

I have a Chinchilla called Barny , he's a cross between a Squirrel and a Rat. And when he has teath that manage to chew through his steel bed (box) , I dont think mixing him with a cat or dog would anyone any good ;)
But we did have 3 cats before we got him , Spot (mum) , Pip & Irish(kittens).
Karl

I have 3 cats and 2 dogs.

Does that make me a Catdog person?

With a large enough thrower, I've found that both puppies *and* kittens make excellent skeet targets...

;)

Dogs!

Originally posted by Ray Dunakin
I'm much more of a cat person. For one thing, cats don't chase you or try to bite you when you're walking or riding a bike past their house. They don't jump all over you with huge muddy feet, or slobber on you, or hump your leg, or bark for hours on end.

BTW, you _can_ play fetch with a cat! At least, some cats will do this. The last cat I had, an orange and white "marmalade" named Hobbes, actually came up with this game on his own. I was sitting at the computer one day, and he was wanting attention but I was working, so I rolled a plastic film canister cap across the room so he'd go play with it. He ran after it, brought it back to me, and then pestered me until I rolled it again. From then on it was his favorite game.

Some dogs are pretty nice though. My wife has had several beagles over the years, and they are really sweet dogs. Golden retrievers are cool too, very good personalities.

Cats do hump your legs if they are desperate enough. Trust me, I know first hand. I am still a little embarrassed about it. Our cats do "bark" when they see birds. It is really cute. Mocha did/does run after us and bites at our heals. Mocha also retrieves paper balls and her cat toys. If no one is willing to play with her, she will yowl endlessly until someone throws the darn thing.
One thing Mooch does is come into my bedroom in the morning and jumps in my face when I just open my eyes. Talk about a scare! :)

I definitly prefer cats... Dogs are too lively for my liking.

Phil

For years I've been feeding the lizards that live in our cactus garden and front patio area. Once they get to know me they will eat from my hand, and if they often get excited and come running up to me as soon as they see me. They're Western Fence Lizards, sometimes called "blue bellies" because the males have bright blue patches on their throats and near the sides of their bellies. There's been several generations of them since I started feeding them.

Sometimes an alligator lizard shows up and will also eat from my hand.

Here's a pic of one of the fence lizards eating from my hand:

<https://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=3009006&a=30075449&p=60284205>

For years I've been feeding the lizards that live in our cactus garden and front patio area.

Well, you've just convinced my wife NOT to move to California!

I have 4 resident bullfrogs in my garden pond that all flock to me when I'm working in the garden and find an earthworm.

I used to have a cat but he passed on at 19 years old. Most cats don't bark but they do whine outside your bedroom window at 2:00 A.M.! (that's what bottle rockets are for!!)

My two current Roachwerk's empoyees are Zoie (the Yellow Lab)
and our general supervisor/office manager is Oliver (Jack Russel Terrier)

I'm definitely a cat person. Not that there is anything wrong with dogs; if dogs purred, the cat's would be in trouble. :)

Originally posted by Blue_Ninja_150
[...] Anyways, there was one agressive one and one that drooled a lot. ANyways, the drooly one would LOVE to go under your sheets. Fun waking up in the morning and wondering whether that was cat drool or your drool. Or something else. And, if you wouldn't let him under the sheets, he would lay up close to your head so if you snored and he decided to stretch a leg, it went in your mouth. Yuk yuk.

Sounds just like one of our cats. There's nothing quite like waking up in the middle of the night with a cat's foot in your mouth or ear.

Back