Cartoon Villains

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG LMAO!! I've been growing out my mustache since COVID hit and this weekend my better half asked me to trim it. Feeling a bit put off by the not-so-subtle request I decided to fashion it after the greatest comic villain I could remember...Snidley Whiplash!!
I happen to be fond of my handlebar. Don't be shamin' the 'Stache!!!

<Invoke mini-rant>

Some of these responses are really indicative of how too many people respond to questions posed on TRF. Now, this particular thread is about inconsequential trivia. But, too often, this random response pattern occurs when somebody really wants specific, usable information.

Somebody will ask a specific question, establish the scope and parameters of the question, but the responses have nothing to do with the scope of the question.

Q: My only choices are A, B, and C. Of the three, which would you recommend?
A1: Why aren't you considering W?
A2: I think X and Y are very amusing
A3: I want to write a thesis on the merits of H. I know it is not what you asked about, but I feel the need to educate you.

No wonder beginners get frustrated.

<mini rant terminated - you may return to your prior activities>

We all want our 2 minutes of glory, and 2 minutes of "I'm better / my response is better", and that 'my opinion is better than the choices offered, who agrees with me' fame..

I blame that guy.. no, the other guy..

<Invoke mini-rant>

Some of these responses are really indicative of how too many people respond to questions posed on TRF. Now, this particular thread is about inconsequential trivia. But, too often, this random response pattern occurs when somebody really wants specific, usable information.

Somebody will ask a specific question, establish the scope and parameters of the question, but the responses have nothing to do with the scope of the question.

A3: I want to write a thesis on the merits of H. I know it is not what you asked about, but I feel the need to educate you.

Thank you @LW Bercini for pointing this out. This happens so often here (and even in posts after yours that acknowledge your point) and in so many threads on this forum. Even when someone asks a question, it gets answered and still more people chime in sometimes with related information but many times not.

My earlier post in this thread did pick up on a slight tangent but I did finish by bringing it back to the OP question.

This is yet another post not related to the thread but the sentiment was so well presented, I had to compliment it. I've already addressed the OP so I'll drop out now and hold my tongue as more tangents are posted.

<Invoke mini-rant>

;) Then someone starts in with lyrics from a song...

When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me

Thank you @LW Bercini for pointing this out. This happens so often here (and even in posts after yours that acknowledge your point) and in so many threads on this forum. Even when someone asks a question, it gets answered and still more people chime in sometimes with related information but many times not.

My earlier post in this thread did pick up on a slight tangent but I did finish by bringing it back to the OP question.

This is yet another post not related to the thread but the sentiment was so well presented, I had to compliment it. I've already addressed the OP so I'll drop out now and hold my tongue as more tangents are posted.
This thread is just a bunch of trivial nostalgia. In this case, all the tangents are inconsequential.

But it did allow me the opportunity to rant about something I've observed repeatedly.

At this point if you wanted to make the case that Simon Sinister and Rudy Giuliani were separated at birth, I would gladly join in the game.

I've made my point now. Let's enjoy our nostalgia...

Last edited:
;) Then someone starts in with lyrics from a song...
And of course the best cartoon villain has got to be that Super Genius... Wile E. Coyote!
Methinks the pot doth call the kettle black. :D
I suppose we all have gone off on tangents at some time.
Apologies to LW.
(But if this was amended to only pertinent responses this thread would have maybe six responses and not be as interesting, no?)
Laters.

When your sidekick is far more memorable than you as the villain, you gots some problems. I had to look up Dick Dastardly and then saw that Muttley was his sidekick. Or is it the other way around?

I barely remember Beanie and Cecil, so Dishonest John was also pretty fuzzy.

My vote goes to Snidley.

And that stupid wolf whistle will be in my head for days - thanks bobby_hamill!
Back in college I worked in a pizza place. I was walking around occasionally doing the wolf whistle one night and toward the end of the night the girl I worked with threw something at me. She said it was stuck in her head for days. WINNER!!!!

That's a really arcane reference. What show was this a part of, George of the Jungle? I remember it being on, but it was not one that I watched.

Sorry LW, I tend to be one to go a little off topic at times. I'm also guilty of thread diversion occasionally. I apologize for that as well.

Any way, to answer your question, The Mighty Heroes were part of Mighty Mouse. It was created by the legendary Ralph Bakshi in 1966.

And to keep on topic , I tend to lean towards Dick Dastardly and Muttley as well.

he Mighty Heroes were part of Mighty Mouse. It was created by the legendary Ralph Bakshi in 1966.

1966 would have been my prime viewing age. But Mighty Mouse was not one of my shows. I have to wonder if it was opposite something like Space Ghost or The Herculoids, which were my 2 favs

And while we are in the process of bringing up arcane super heros:

1966 would have been my prime viewing age. But Mighty Mouse was not one of my shows. I have to wonder if it was opposite something like Space Ghost or The Herculoids, which were my 2 favs

I didn't see it until late 70's early 80's (my prime viewing age). When I came home from school, Mighty Mouse and Woody Woodpecker were the only things on.

Seriously though I tried editing my first reply, but for some reason, my posts made from my computer won't allow me to edit for some reason (my phone doesn't have the same problem). To the original trio, I'd have to go with Snidely Whiplash, as I have no idea who Dishonest John is, and Dick Dastardly is while a familiar name, not someone I remember well.

I happen to be fond of my handlebar. Don't be shamin' the 'Stache!!!
Just the opposite...I'm also fond of my 'stache which is why I chose to style it after the cartoon villain as a matter of spite when I was asked to trim it.
I wonder if Snidely's first act of villainy was spite?

Seriously though I tried editing my first reply, but for some reason, my posts made from my computer won't allow me to edit for some reason (my phone doesn't have the same problem). To the original trio, I'd have to go with Snidely Whiplash, as I have no idea who Dishonest John is, and Dick Dastardly is while a familiar name, not someone I remember well.
A little taste of Dishonest John

I've been quietly and patiently waiting for Mr. Funkworks to expound upon the many villainous virtues of the nemesis of the Smurfs.....who so readily adorn his "Rocket for a Smurf" build thread........GARGAMEL and his inefficient sidekick, Azreal!!! Hmmm, no mustache.......must be why he was so inept.

(and yes, I'm guilty of "what about option Z?".......I'm not even sorry..........) ;)

Attachments

• Gargamel.jpg
    Gargamel.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 0
One of my takes: Commander Capsule and Luna Module from the Captain Saucer. It's one of my projects that can't find a commercial break. It's been described as Hanna-Barbera meets Russ Meyer.... =:eek:

commandercapsule.jpg

Back