Cartoon Villains

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LW Bercini

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
A rocket named Dishonest John reminded me of all those mustachioed cartoon villains

Just for fun, for those of you who are of sufficient age to recognize the names, answer this -

Who did it best, Dishonest John, Dick Dastardly, or Snidely Whiplash?

Comes down to Dick Dastardly vs. Snidely Whiplash. Dishonest John was a pretty good villain and without him we wouldn’t have the great AC/DC song Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap but Paul Winchell and Hans Conried are/were two of the greatest voice actors ever. I’d have to slouch towards Snidely Whiplash because Dudley Do-right was a much better cartoon than anything Hanna Barbera used Dastardly in.

Brings back lots of memories of early Saturday mornings!
I agree, Snidely Whiplash came to mind before my age clouded brain could remember Dick Dastardly.
I did however like Muttley.
I am not familiar with Dishonest John, he's a new one to me.

Comes down to Dick Dastardly vs. Snidely Whiplash. Dishonest John was a pretty good villain and without him we wouldn’t have the great AC/DC song Dirty Deeds Paul Winchell and Hans Conried are/were two of the greatest voice actors ever.

Agreed
And I would add Chuck Jones and Paul Frees to your list

Last edited:
Have to agree with Scott. While Dishonest John's "Nyah-Ha-Ha" stands as the most oddly memorable villainous chuckle, Snidely Whiplash had that true villain flair. For me, Muttley always outshone Dick Dastardly.

[QUOTE="TSMILLER, Dishonest John, he's a new one to me. [/QUOTE]

Dishonest_john.jpg

When your sidekick is far more memorable than you as the villain, you gots some problems. I had to look up Dick Dastardly and then saw that Muttley was his sidekick. Or is it the other way around?

I barely remember Beanie and Cecil, so Dishonest John was also pretty fuzzy.

My vote goes to Snidley.

And that stupid wolf whistle will be in my head for days - thanks bobby_hamill!

Dishonest John hands down over Snidely Whiplash.
Don't remember Dick Dastardly.
As a kid I much preferred Cecil the Seasick Sea Serpent than Dudley DoRight of the Mounties.
Beanie: Help Cecil help!
Cecil: I'm coming Beanie boy!
Dishonest John: Nyah ha ha.
It's the important things that are burned into your memory.
:D
And the R-A-G-G M-O-P-P song.
Thought it was catchy.

Borris & Natasha..

(I always want to ask the eastern block immigrants I work with to say: "Damn you moose & squirrel".. is that wrong?! 😁 :oops: :eek: )
From the St. Elsewhere TV series (William Daniels and Elke Sommer - sorry, I couldn't find the clip but remember LMAO when I watched it):

Dr. Mark Craig : Do me a favor, say "moose and squirrel".

Natasha : [in her thick Russian accent] Moose and squirrel.

Dr. Mark Craig : That's what I thought.

As to the thread, Snidely Whiplash would be my choice of the three offered by the OP. The Jay Ward stable beat the others hands down.
Don't think that my avatar has any influence over my choice.

I don't know Dishonest John.

I immediately thought of Boris Badenof, with or without Natasha. Of Boris and Snidely, I'd have to give it to Snidely by a nose. Dick is well behind, despite his rocket car.

I don't remember a recurring villain from Roger Ramjet, but if there was one and I don't remember him then I guess that's enough said.

The various Loony Toonies are just a whole other thing.

<tappy tap google>

Oh yeah, Noodles Romanoff. He was pretty funny, but not as "villainy" as the above. And there were many others, which makes none of them sufficiently dominant in the series for me to remember. Which is why I didn't remember.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back