Carl's Deuce on the cover of Sprocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astrowolf67

Reaction score
Carl,
Nice shot of the Deuce on the cover!! Is this the one that Jim got?

Yup...our very own Sandman...

Also, note the first pic on the inside for the NARAM 45 Article is Sandman's Little Joe II. The guy to my left in the hook-up pic is our very own Airforce, with JFlis in the left background taking a pic.

OH! I'm going crazy!!!

I still don't have my copy!

sandman

Astron, that's funny. Look for finger prints on the front cover.
After holding my fresh copy for a while I pull some of the ink off.

Sandman, whoever took the pictures must of had a great camera, I don't remember you looking that good in person..:D :D

Yep, that's me hidden by one of those massive fins assisting Carl with the hookup. God Jim is in the backgroud snapping a shot.
We had a great time.

Thanks again Carl for letting me assist with making ready those cannon size motors. I can't believe how simple it was to cut down the delay and loading them.:D

ps...thanks for the 24" chute I lost also:rolleyes:

I have to admit that I squander a few extra bucks on priority mail for my mags. I am so impatient that to me its worth the money. I think that few people do so, and hence not only is the delivery time a little faster, but the mags are put into the mail system way ahead of the others.

I received my copy in todays mail.

I guess my Mailman also subscribes to TRF!! :rolleyes:

If I could have everyone turn to page 28, the same page with Gordon (aka sandman), please look closely at the picture of Gleda, Vern Estes, and Jack Hagerty. Do you guys see what I see? Look closely now!

HINT: Jim will get a kick out of this! :D

Wow, outstanding TRF representation in this issue. This issue definitely has to be my personal favorite!

I notices that Vern and Gleda are sporting SEMROC hats....
very interesting...;)

Originally posted by astronboy
I notices that Vern and Gleda are sporting SEMROC hats....
very interesting...;)

I didn't notice that, but good find! But there's something else in this picture that is certain to tickle Jim Flis. :D

I must say, I was certainly disapointed by this issue. I know NARAM is mostly catered towards competition flying, but I would have like to see more coverage of the sport range. I went to NARAM with my uncle and my cousins. We drove from NY to Evansville to fly sport rockets. It was over 2,000 miles round trip. We certainly didn't do that to see 1/2A boost glide. The article has 2 pages of sport flying and over 20 pages of contest flying. Don't get me wrong. I read every word of the contest article, but I would have like to see more sport coverage than just Sunday's flying.:(

Also, there are only 3 articles in the whole magazine.

On the other hand, the cover picture is awesome.:)

I don't know if any one else recieved an issue like mine, but the pages are out of order. It starts at 16, 17, 20, 21, 18, 19,22, 23.

Also, I agree, more coverage of the sport weekend would have been nice.

Originally posted by eugenefl
If I could have everyone turn to page 28, the same page with Gordon (aka sandman), please look closely at the picture of Gleda, Vern Estes, and Jack Hagerty. Do you guys see what I see? Look closely now!

Wow, outstanding TRF representation in this issue. This issue definitely has to be my personal favorite!

OH MAN, THAT IS **PRICELESS** :D :D :D

I need a copy of that picture to blow up! LOL

Eugenio, you have MADE my day!

And *Estes* of all people!

One thing I can shoot myself about is I didn't get a picture of Vern in the FlisKits booth selling our kits... I was dumb-struck, I swear! LOL

several comments...

yep, the pages are out of order... (embarassment time here...) I was on page 19 and Kathy commented "your ad looks good", and I ask, "what page" and she says "page 21", so I flip the page...

I say to her "there IS no page 21 in this issue!", so I quickly fire off a note to the ad agency concerned about paying for an ad that may not be appearing in all issues... THEN i notice the out of sequence pages... LOL

Also, that cover pix *is* the one that I took. I nailed it. I love the launch rail *right* in the center of the exhaust trials.

I have to agree that I think the coverage was too slanted, but I have to acknowledge that NARAM *is* a competition event first and sport second. I say we *change* that in the coming years...

I also wish that FlisKits got some better exposure in the photo section. Not a **single** FlisKits kit shown...

Originally posted by jflis
<SNIP>

I also wish that FlisKits got some better exposure in the photo section. Not a **single** FlisKits kit shown...

Hmm...let's see. Deuce's Wild ICONic rocket on the FRONT PAGE! :kill: :D :D :D I bet you never anticipated that one when you started the business huh? ;) I agree though - more FlisKits coverage. I guess that means more FlisKits sales need to be made and more people need to fly more FlisKits. I bet more coverage will come from the Tres Wild! sales!

In the previous issue (sep,oct) did anyone notice that on page 45 that the plaster blaster advertisement used the TRF rocket picture logo? it's probably on the t-shirts too.

So Jim... Vern was in your booth selling Fliskits to people!!??

Man, that must have been awesome!!
:cool:

Originally posted by stymye
In the previous issue (sep,oct) did anyone notice that on page 45 that the plaster blaster advertisement used the TRF rocket picture logo? it's probably on the t-shirts too.

Yea, i brought this to the attention of the TRF folks. Not sure if the TRF logo was from some standard clipart or custom design but it sure caught *my* attention!

Originally posted by astronboy
So Jim... Vern was in your booth selling Fliskits to people!!??

Man, that must have been awesome!!
:cool:

it was a hoot! what was truely warming to me was that when they would get tired and just want a place to sit and *relax*, they seemed to pick our booth as the place to do it. it felt good and it felt right. I thoroughly enjoyed it :)

Originally posted by eugenefl

I just got my issue today........... I was almost late for work while I thumbed throught the issue.......... What rocket is Vern Estes holding????? Could this be one from our very own fliskits?????

My pages are messed up too, but overall a good issue........ Great to see several pics of guys from the forum!!!!!!

Vern is holding a Mars Snooper, an old Estes design. But Gleda has a FlisKits catalog visible on her person (got a permit for that? :))

Originally posted by n3tjm
Vern is holding a Mars Snooper, an old Estes design. But Gleda has a FlisKits catalog visible on her person (got a permit for that? :))

Hey Doug, you can't blame him for mistakening the Mars Snooper for the Tres. They do have a similar profile.

Hey Rocketmanic, don't worry - I'm having preemptive "want a Tres" syndrome also. :D

I got mine today. I am gonna go check the pages for screw-ups. I agree. More Fliskits. You guys sure are NAILING those poor editors, though. ;) :( :eek: Well, at least we know ONE magazine is still run by humans!!!!;)

Back