Carl McLawhorn (recovering from heart attack)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mperdue

Reaction score
I got a call from Sheryl last night to tell me that Carl had suffered a heart attack on Monday evening. At the time of the call, about 11:30 PM, Carl was resting comfortably and they were planning the next phase of his treatment. Carl is one of the most outstanding people I have ever known. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and/or prayers through this difficult period. I'm sure that Sheryl will keep us posted as she has time to do so. I'll also share any information as I receive it.

Mario

Mario, Thank you for posting this. Just wasn't sure where it should have gone.

We have the Orion ready but have not put it on our front page. Bruce is trying to do that this morning. You can type in "Orion" and it will bring it up but with no pictures.

Visiting hours are strict so I will be coming back and forth. Orders will be processed but not in the usual "fast" mode.

Sheryl

Sheryl,

I will keep you and Carl in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm very sorry to hear this, Sheryl! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help. I'm sorry that Carl will be missing NARCON. :(

Wow.

BEST wishes and get well!

I don't pray as much as I should. But I will today.

Carl and his family are some of the nicest people in rocketry. Nicest people period.

I hope all goes well and you recover soon.

Best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery heading your way at Semroc-speed Carl. Get well soon.

I just spoke with Sheryl and she indicated that they are giving Carl a 98% expectation on the upcoming surgery. That IS good news, but he, and all the McLawhorn's certainly need our prayers and good wishes!

Carl is scheduled for quadruple bypass surgery on Thursday.

It's going to be a LONG week...

Wow! Good to hear there's a positive prognosis -- heart attacks are scary, indeed.

Sheryl? The orders can wait -- Being there for Carl is much more important! Take care of yourself, too; it's easy to get caught up and forget to give yourself a minute or two, as well.

Both of you rest up, get Carl up and healthy again, and then worry about rockets.

-Kevin

Sheryl, Bruce, and Carl,

My thoughts and prayers are with you all at this difficult time. I hope for a speedy and great recovery.

I add my prayers for Carl and for his friends and family.

Peace and Grace,

Prayers, good thoughts and "Positive Waves":wave: from Ed and Kelly to the whole McLawhorn family.
Keep us posted!

Evil Ed

Yikes! Thoughts and prayers for the McLawhorn family.

If there is a pacemaker involved in that surgery, and Carl does any hunting or shooting, make sure the doctors know and put the unit somewhere where it won't be on his shooting shoulder! :)

God Bless;

-N

:(... Add my prayers as well. I hope things go well over the next few days, we'll all be thinking of you Carl.

I just got off the phone with Sheryl. She tells me that Carl's cardiologist feels that a bypass is not warranted at this time so they will be treating him with various medications instead. That sounds like very good news to me.

Mario

We're pullin' for you, Carl. Sound's like you are on your way. My family's thoughts are with you!

On Carl's recent birthday we suggested he take some time off - not what we had in mind!!! It is good to hear that they reevaluated surgery and will try medications first. Get well soon Carl!
Our love to Carl, Sheryl, and family.

Chas and Cindy

Carl, Sheryl and Bruce.... To echo all the posts above, you are all in the thoughts of the entire rocketry community.

Here is to a speedy recovery, Carl!!

Sheryl, Jim and Mario... thanks for keeping us posted.

Here is to a speedy recovery, Carl!!

Semroc has a reputation for speedy delivery. If that is any indication, Carl should recover quickly. :)

Sheryl, our thoughts are with Carl, you, and your family. We wish you all the best.

-- Roger (and Bracha)

We wish you a speedy recovery Carl. Our thoughts and prays are with you and the your family.

Bummer. Semroc has been good to me this past few years. Also great people to talk to through email. I will have him put on our church's prayer list. I will also let my son and his room mate know. They know them also.

Andrew
Dark Lord Of The Scratch Builders

Sheryl seems to be doing well, considering.

Carl seems to be resting well. I am trying to arrange to have their newest kit shipped up to me so that I can have it for NARCON and Sheryl commented "I haven't had a chance to talk to Carl about what he wants to do..." I told her to stop and talk to BRUCE about it. Last thing Carl needs to be doing is worrying about SEMROC...

Take a breath, Sheryl. Now another one... keep us posted and let us know if you need anything!
jim

add more thoughts and prayers to the list - we hope you"re back up and at em soon :)

Our thoughts are with you Carl & Family

Here is to a speedy recovery !

Jim & Matt Filler

I'm very sorry to hear of your illness. It's good you can avoid surgery. Thank you so much for all you do for rocketry, Carl. I've spent many hours browsing your site and dreaming up new rockets. May you recover quickly and completely! Ted

Latest posts

Back