Card Stock Shrouds

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Polaris,

I don't know what your background is in math, etc, but between the two of us I'll bet we can figure out a way to do what you want. Are you trained in drafting or other graphics? Do you have some specific task you are shooting for?

At the moment, I am planning to be out of town this weekend so I will be unavailable for a couple days. Next week, PM me and I will be happy to help you take a look at your fairing questions.

Originally posted by BobH48
The 110# paper is usually called cardstock and the 65# paper is usually called coverstock.

I have found it at Walmart, Staples, Office Max.

Brand names: Hammermill, Georgia Pacific, Wausau Exact Bristol.

I'm sure there are others.

I had tried to print onto cardstock with my inkjet – no luck. It is too stiff. So it doesn’t feed reliably.

I didn’t know anything about paper. After a lot of poking around on the Internet, I know a little.

One thing I have learned is that 110# card stock and 67# Bristol are just about the same thickness - 8 point. But Bristol is not as stiff. I got some Wausau Exact Bristol – 67#. I got the Centuri Vulcan shrouds from Jim-Z and printed them.

Shazam!!

I didn’t have to “pre-roll” them. I think Bristol takes a finish better than cardstock. Because the Bristol is not as slick as cardstock, it seems to take glue better. It looks like it’s easier to use the double layer approach with Bristol.

It sure looks like Bristol has a lot going for it.

Back