Carbon fiber launch lugs FREE

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
YO
I was down over my Bro-inlaws today. He owns a sporty good store. I stopped in just to see what kind of things he had for glue and of the sort. While I was there he asked if I had any use for some arrow planks "bolts' that were made of carbon fiber.He had a few dif sizes. He cut some up into 1",11/2" and some 4 and 6. These look like they would make great lugs. Also could be haved and used for ribbing on a BT. Maybe this idea has been mentioned before:confused2: Just thought I would throw it out there. I would think any sport shop that deals in arrows would have pieces laying around and ya could get-em for not. Scotty Dog

I didn't cover graphite shafts, because a lot of times the cutoffs get stepped on and cracked. There are usually plenty of cutoffs, though, and if your local archery shop operator is supportive at all they will usually make a little effort to pick up the cutoffs before they get ruined.

Don't forget about aluminum cutoffs, they work great too
https://www.rocketryforumarchive.com/showthread.php?t=1959&highlight=archery

Another idea for graphite and fiberglass tubing is anyone who does a lot of fishing. Those rods sometimes break, and out of the remaining pieces there can be some usable sections--

Back