Can't Upload Pics'???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
When I select "go advanced", and try to upload pic's, it says upload failed.
Likewise, I tried to change my Avatar and even with a resized to smaller pic' it said upload failed.
Is this a problem on my end or are others having an issue?

Out of morbid curiosity:. What browser and OS are the non-working users using?

There was some Flash portion of the file uploader that gave my Chrome-on-Linux fits, but Firefox-on-Linux worked fine.

Anytime Flash or Java are involved, they're my first suspects.

win10 doesn't appear to matter. Tried four separate browsers (edge, Ie, Chrome, and Firefox) and a separate system -. (Win8). Ended up posting a picture earlier via photobucket. At least that was here.

win10 doesn't appear to matter. Tried four separate browsers (edge, Ie, Chrome, and Firefox) and a separate system -. (Win8). Ended up posting a picture earlier via photobucket. At least that was here.

I'd bet if your UserAgent on one of those lied to the forum server, that it would serve up a simpler subpage and you'd be in business.

I haven't run a forum in years, though; so I could be way off.

I've had upload issues also. I dislike getting dedicated apps, but may have to if I want to continue posting pics

How about these?

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1482729124.923556.jpg

My L2

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1482729160.783362.jpg

And a CF rocket that went ballistic, a good 4' in the ground but undamaged.

I had a problem with Windows 8 using Firefox, but then realized my "subscription" expired.

Paying the annual fee gives you unlimited storage. Without the fee you are limited.
My logic was I had done various downloads last year when I had unlimited space that were quite large.
Then my yearly subscription expired and I was reverted to the limited space and was already over the limit.
Once I paid for the next year I was able to load pictures again.

Let's see if it still works...
Stealth Interceptor 2016.JPG

I think les is correct...I paid my subscription today and was able to upload my pictures. Until that time I kept getting the same "upload failed" message.

I think les is correct...I paid my subscription today and was able to upload my pictures. Until that time I kept getting the same "upload failed" message.

Had nothing to do with your subscription - they just fixed the problem!

Back