Can't open Featherweight Raven 4 file in Excel

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Kusmer

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I used to be able to download the Raven 4 file in csv format and then open it up in an Excel spreadsheet. I had a launch 2 days ago, downloaded the Raven 4 file in csv format, but it was gibberish when I opened it up in Excel. It opens fine in the FIP (Featherweight Interface Software) and shows a beautiful graph but I can't get Excel to open it.

Am I forgetting something? Has something changed, maybe a recent update with a bug?

Attached is the csv file. I've also included the FIPa file. Can anybody help?

Thanks, Dan

Attachments

• 40.csv
    74.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 40.FIPa
    74.9 KB · Views: 8
It worked for me. I selected all parameters and with mouse hovering over Parameter Selection, I right clicked mouse and selected Copy Data and pasted in Excel and saved as CSV file.

Attachments

• 40-A.csv
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
Thanks guys. Senior moment. I forgot about right clicking in the Parameters Selection window (I remember doing that last year).

What I was doing was using the Download button on the Status window and then specifying *.csv for the filename, and then opening that file in Excel. I guess that method doesn't work.

Thanks again.

Back