Can't access my YouTube account

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketjunkie

Addicted to APCP
Reaction score
I've tried several times to access my YouTube channel but I can't log on. The log on box brings up my email address but when I click on Next, the enter password box only appears for about a second then reverts to the email box. Selecting the password for a new entry causes immediate reversion to the email box. Also clicking on the forgot password link also causes immediate reversion. I have had trouble with other Google accounts and also some problems with Yahoo requiring using the forgot password link and resetting my password. I am disgusted with all the BS these sites are causing. :mad::mad::mad:

I've tried several times to access my YouTube channel but I can't log on. The log on box brings up my email address but when I click on Next, the enter password box only appears for about a second then reverts to the email box. Selecting the password for a new entry causes immediate reversion to the email box. Also clicking on the forgot password link also causes immediate reversion. I have had trouble with other Google accounts and also some problems with Yahoo requiring using the forgot password link and resetting my password. I am disgusted with all the BS these sites are causing. :mad::mad::mad:

Sounds like you have a pop up blocker that's interfering with the pop up for the forgotten password process.
You may also want to consider a password manager.
Best wishes!

Sounds like you have a pop up blocker that's interfering with the pop up for the forgotten password process.
You may also want to consider a password manager.
Best wishes!
No help there, turned off the popup blocker and there was no change. Only Google has this problem, I did have to reset my password on Yahoo but the forgot password procedure worked and the new password has worked since. BTW, when I used to log on, YouTube would allow me to choose the account I wanted to log onto, not any more :mad:

Last edited:
Simple- Google is having an issue. Happens periodically. My son has a YouTube channel and this happened to him a few weeks ago.

I've tried several times to access my YouTube channel but I can't log on.

You actually have to log on? I have never had to do that. I go straight to YouTube site, click on "My Channel", and all my stuff comes up. Even the links to your videos. Why on earth would you have to log out anyway?

YouTube has issues. I think it's their 15 year old servers. Stop, start, stop, start... Then you get the blue bar... "Experiencing interruptions?" They blame my provider. So I close the browser, click on Netflix, and in less than a minute, that same provider has me streaming a 1080P movie perfectly.

I think they need to spend some of the dough they're throwing around on some new servers.

You actually have to log on? I have never had to do that. I go straight to YouTube site, click on "My Channel", and all my stuff comes up.
Are you currently logged in to a gmail account when that happens?

Tom I had the same issue last week . Youtube is making it so that you need to link a Google account to your YouTube account . I made a Google email and linked it to my YouTube and no problems since .

Eric

I had a similar issue with the IRS recently. Obviously it's not an account that I use often, usually only when I need stuff to file for my kids' financial aid applications. So we do what you are technically not supposed to do, and we write these infrequently used passwords down in a notebook.

So I go to log in to the IRS webpage, it asks for my username and password, and that should be easy, right? I pull out the notebook and I type it in.

And it gets rejected.

And it tells me that it contains a character that is not allowed... despite the fact that it worked last year and I wrote it down.

And so I begin the process of having them send me a new password.

It wants my email address, and my dog's name, and then it wants to send me a confirmation by text message to my cell phone, but it doesn't recognize my ATT phone number as real.

So now they have to send me a code number in the mail... in two or three weeks.

(sigh)

Are you currently logged in to a gmail account when that happens?
I have a google account just because I got roped into having one. But I'm pretty sure I don't have a Gmail account at all. I personally don't need a Gmail account, so why bother. If I do have one, I don't remember setting it up. Pretty sure I don't though.

I have a google account just because I got roped into having one. But I'm pretty sure I don't have a Gmail account at all. I personally don't need a Gmail account, so why bother. If I do have one, I don't remember setting it up. Pretty sure I don't though.

Gary, I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure at this point it's all thoroughly integrated. I.e. if you have a 'google' account, then you have access using that username/password to all of the 'free' Google services, the most relevant of which are Gmail, YouTube, Drive (cloud storage), Play Store (apps for android), Maps, and most importantly Google Search. Don't underestimate the power of that account; or how much they track you via it's use.

I can't say I use Google Play very often at all, even with owning an android based smartphone, but I do use all the rest I listed. I didn't know about Drive, until one day (years ago now) that I tried to e-mail a 'too big' attachment, and it mentioned I could upload it to Drive and just send a link. Drive is actually pretty nice that way, it's almost seamlessly transparent to Gmail for hosting 'attachments'.

Needless to say though, yes, you almost certainly have a Gmail address ([email protected])

Gary, I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure at this point it's all thoroughly integrated. I.e. if you have a 'google' account, then you have access using that username/password to all of the 'free' Google services, the most relevant of which are Gmail, YouTube, Drive (cloud storage), Play Store (apps for android), Maps, and most importantly Google Search. Don't underestimate the power of that account; or how much they track you via it's use.

I can't say I use Google Play very often at all, even with owning an android based smartphone, but I do use all the rest I listed. I didn't know about Drive, until one day (years ago now) that I tried to e-mail a 'too big' attachment, and it mentioned I could upload it to Drive and just send a link. Drive is actually pretty nice that way, it's almost seamlessly transparent to Gmail for hosting 'attachments'.

Needless to say though, yes, you almost certainly have a Gmail address ([email protected])

Just to make sure, I just went to google and clicked on Gmail. According to what I read, I have the option of creating a Gmail account. Starting a Gmail account is not required in order to have a google account.

Gmail Acct Page.jpg

Just to make sure, I just went to google and clicked on Gmail. According to what I read, I have the option of creating a Gmail account. Starting a Gmail account is not required in order to have a google account.

I learned something today. :)

I had my original account that I started in 2009. Username TomB0667 and password. **No other information except my home email.** A couple years ago my employer went to Google for mail and online storage :)mad::(:puke:) This hijacked my log on. However, I could sign out and when I went to log back on, I had a choice of accounts. Not any more. If I click sign in button, it comes up with my work account which I don't use for YouTube. I can sign out but when I try to log on, I get what I've already described. I am NOT going to re-upload the 350 or so videos in my TomB account. I have also tried logging in from another computer, using IE, Edge, and Chrome from these computers. Same BS every time.

I had my original account that I started in 2009. Username TomB0667 and password. **No other information except my home email.** A couple years ago my employer went to Google for mail and online storage :)mad::(:puke:) This hijacked my log on. However, I could sign out and when I went to log back on, I had a choice of accounts. Not any more. If I click sign in button, it comes up with my work account which I don't use for YouTube. I can sign out but when I try to log on, I get what I've already described. I am NOT going to re-upload the 350 or so videos in my TomB account. I have also tried logging in from another computer, using IE, Edge, and Chrome from these computers. Same BS every time.

Click on your icon in the upper left corner and then in the center of the dialogue box click on "Switch Account"
8232cac7abd89e3c5de36544244c7c52.jpg

Steve Shannon

Click on your icon in the upper left corner and then in the center of the dialogue box click on "Switch Account"

Steve Shannon
When I go to YouTube, my icon is in the upper right corner. When I click on it, it shows the work account and does not show what's on your screenshot. Clicking Add Account brings up the same BS as before when trying to sign onto my TomB account.
Youtube.jpg

maybe since you added your work account, you need to re-add you private account?
try clicking on add account?

maybe since you added your work account, you need to re-add you private account?
try clicking on add account?
I didn't add my work account - it hijacked my login - I had to sign out and log on to my original account. This happened a couple years ago. Until about 2 weeks ago, I could select the account I wished to log onto. This is what changed - I can't access the 350 videos I've uploaded except an another user. (Search for tromb0667).

No good. If I'm logged in to my Google account, it doesn't even recognize I have another channel. **I cannot access TomB0667 at all!** If I'm logged off, I can search for my username, but I can't do anything but watch the videos. Time to call corporate IT and get them to fix it.

Latest posts

Back