*** CANCELLED *** CMASS Rocket launch 06 August 2016

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
We have a launch scheduled for 06 August at Woodsom Farm in Amesbury, MA. If the drought conditions persist, we may change the location to the MMMSC field in Berwick, ME.
KEEP AND EYE ON THE CLUB WEBSITE.

Robert & Gloria of AMWProX will be there with their big trailer of fun. If you want anything specific from them, contact them ahead of time.

More to follow.

UPDATE 03 AUGUST 2016
The launch has been cancelled due to unavailability of our primary and back-up fields.

Last edited:
Jim Flis will not be attending this launch but is revving up for his Anniversary Launch in September.

Please note that the first club meeting in August will be held at the Cambridge location and the second meeting will be in Marlborough.

If all goes well, I plan to attend and attempt my L1 Cert flight. I'll be in touch with AMW briefly to arrange for a motor. I'm still trying to decide exactly what I'll fly, because I'll need a case too. I'd rather not buy two diameter cases, but need a smaller one for the L1.

Does anybody going to that flight happen to have a CTI Pro38-5G case (or adaptable 6G/6GXL) that they would be willing to lend me for my cert flight? It's going in a rocket with a tracker so chances are excellent you'd get it back. (or I'd cover you for it of course!)

Either that or I'll buy a 38 and borrow a 54mm for the L2 in Berwick this fall? If I 'luck out' and the launch is moved to Berwick (with enough notice), I may even try the L2 flight the same day.

Last edited:
I have a 38/6g and spacer (also 54mm hardware) that you can borrow. KennB can point me out or look for the silver Durango if we are in Maine.

Last edited:
Robert and Gloria won't be able to make it to this launch but Jason will be covering. Contact AMWProx by email with any special requests you may have.

If you have any ProX 38 mm reloads, please bring them to this launch even if you don't plan on using them. A vendor supplied the plastic molded delay grain/ejection charge holder made from the wrong compound. This results in the possible malfunctioning of the assembled motor. Jason can examine your particular reload and, if necessary, replace the bad delay grain with a good one. This would apply to any and all of your ProX 38 mm reloads. If your reload doesn't contain the bad part, you'll know it after Jason looks at it.

I might, but probably will not, make it to this one. But I'll be at the next Acton launch, and have my rocket built for my L1 attempt, which I hope to do at the FlisKits launch in September. That was my first club launch ever, so I figure it's appropriate.

I've got my sims done, paint is curing... All I need to do is attach rail buttons, which I'll do when the silver has fully cured. I plan on using an Estes Leviathan (although I'm nearly done with a Nike Smoke) on a CTI H133.

Looking forward to it!

So it's as official as I can make it, now that I've called Jason and placed my order. Given good weather and wind, I'll be attempting my L1 cert on a CTI I350 SS. I hope to see you all there. Swing by and say HI!

So it's as official as I can make it, now that I've called Jason and placed my order. Given good weather and wind, I'll be attempting my L1 cert on a CTI I350 SS. I hope to see you all there. Swing by and say HI!
Mark

That's too much motor for Amesbury and you will outfly the field. Unless there is zero wind it won't be allowed. Have a secondary plan with a low impulse H or most likely you will have to go to a Maine launch if you want to do the L1 cert on the I.

The launch scheduled for 06 August 2016 has been cancelled. Due to weather conditions in the past few weeks, the farmer hasn't been able to harvest the hay in the ares of the farm we use. It's likely the prevailing drought condition would have prevented the fire department from giving us their approval to launch, anyway.

The MMMSC field in Berwick won't be available to us this weekend, either. On Saturday, the American Chunkers will be testing their new pumpkin cannon and their safety officer has requested sole use of the field. Sunday is a work day at the farm and with large areas freshly planted this past weekend, we don't want to endanger the personnel or their product. This will ensure the field will be available for future use.

Other launches taking place in our area in August are:
13 August - RIMRA in West Kingston, RI
20 August - CMASS in Acton, MA
27 August - MMMSC in Berwick, ME

:eyepop: :cry:

That's really too bad. I guess I'll see you all on the 20th then.

Back