Canadian Rocketeers - introduce yourselves!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely, there will be plenty of launches upcoming for March. I will be launching our rockets next week as a test to see how they perform. I have a LOC Iris 3" which is being flown with a few mods.

Spring break in Colwood will see plenty of rocket launches. Weather just has to cooperate. Next week we'll do a little testing. ;)

I wish I was off today for some launches. Sunny and warm in Ottawa right now! That'll turn to garbage freezing rain and rain for tonight into tomorrow. Sucky.

yeah, noticed that too.. driving around doing errands. Flags are just hanging there!

I was out soaking up the rays while ripping a 1/8 buggy around the parking lot. It's not all bad, lol, but I really would love to launch a couple rockets.

If ORG finally gets the schedule sorted out at their site, I'm probably going to try and do a shakedown flight on the IRIS with a G80. I want to be sure it'll fly before making the trip to Vermont, lol.

I'm probably going to try and do a shakedown flight on the IRIS with a G80. I want to be sure it'll fly before making the trip to Vermont, lol.

Hold it out the window while you drive home.. if it stays pointing forward, you're OK..
As you approach your driveway, give it a toss, if should gently land, 'nose in'. Take advantage of eh soft snow while you can!

And if a cop stops you: "science experiment for the Canadian Museum of Technology!" (The locomotive was too heavy to lift..)

:D :D

Try a G40 as well, might get a bit more height.. Try a G64 as well.. one of my favorite motors!

Hold it out the window while you drive home.. if it stays pointing forward, you're OK..
As you approach your driveway, give it a toss, if should gently land, 'nose in'. Take advantage of eh soft snow while you can!

And if a cop stops you: "science experiment for the Canadian Museum of Technology!" (The locomotive was too heavy to lift..)

:D :D

Try a G40 as well, might get a bit more height.. Try a G64 as well.. one of my favorite motors!

The G80-4T sims out to around 400m. That should be alright for a test flight, no?

If it was my flight I would choose a proper delay.

That might explain the high-speed deployment warning. Good thing I actually got the delay number wrong. It's not 4, it's actually 7. That makes a bit more sense.

Thanks for pointing it out. I double-checked my sim and the 7 is perfect on the G80.

The H135 I chose to certify with has a delay of 14 but I got the delay drilling tool. The sim wants a delay of between 8 and 10 for that flight.

I'm now starting to see the value of proper electronic controlled dual deploy, even if you only used an altimeter to control the initial ejection and a JLCR for releasing the chute. You set your altimeter for deployment instead of relying on a motor ejection delay that may, or may may not be, accurate.

I think I know what my next rocketry investment will be!

Back