canadian arrow scale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bachsta

Reaction score
not sure where to put this so ill just put it here. anyway has anyone tried making a true (2-stage) scale of the canadian arrow? because im thinking about making one and was wondering if anyone had any tips.

It's pretty similar to teh V2 so you could just make a booster with fins that conformed to teh V2 fins, if you get what I'm saying.

yah but the second stage is only like the top 1/3 of the rocket and i didnt know the v-2 was a 2 stage rocket

keep in mind it's not a V2. it's very simmular looking but a totally different rocket.Your right about the V2 being single stage.

I plan on doing a Canadian Arrow , the upper stage would be tricky without fins... basically you would have to make the nosecone fly !

yah you could probably start by just making the upper start like one of those darts that shoots out after burnout and keeps on going or something like that

thanks for that forum my guess would be youd have to airstart a high thrust engine for the upper stage.

I've been thinking about this too. Seems to me some kind of springy wires for the 2nd stage that could slide down into the 1st stage BT would work. They could pop out as the 2nd stage leaves the booster.

For the Estes kit I'll probably just keep it simple and rig a separate chute for the nose cone.

it all sounds doable but it seems like youd need to make the nose really heavy to keep it stable and for that youd need a pretty high thrust motor. and what would keep the spring from popping the cone early?

Back