Can Someone Identify This Gentleman For Me?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milehigh

Reaction score
He was present at the 60th Rocketeer Reunion back in August. The model he is holding was pretty impressive - a futuristic bird with lots of rivet detailing. I took this picture of him, but it's a bit blurry, so the name tag can't be read.
I also didn't get his name while I was there. My bad!
20180804_211056.jpg

Wow, that's some crazy rocket! Sorry I can't help. My only thought was that there might be an issue of Sport Rocketry from the event?

Nice! Looks like an upscaled & detailed Estes Orion Starfighter!
https://www.spacemodeling.org/jimz/estes/est1343_starfightercombo/est1343.pdf

80est40.jpg

No, it's definitely not Trip.
I wish I had obtained a better picture of that model. It had incredible rivet detail all over it. The rivets were made from glue spots. If I recall, the motor mount was 29mm size.

I know the guy in question. We exchanged emails regarding TARC and highschool team involvement in NASA-SL.

Thanks to Nytrunner, I found out who the rocketeer in the photo is. I was able to establish contact with him via email. He gave me the green light to add his pic and info about the Starfighter on my blog. The new post was put up this morning. Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back