Quantcast

Can someone do a sim for me PLEASE??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Vance in AK

Reaction score
I'm trying to get projected altitude for a Super Big Bertha, with the stock D-12, & also with an E9-4.
It is built stock with the exception of being setup for "E" motors.
Thanks, Vance in AK.

dluders

Reaction score
Here are the projected altitudes of an Estes Super Big Bertha flying on a D12-3 and E9-4:

D12-3: 596 feet maximum altitude
E9-4: 1,035 feet maximum altitude

Since I don't know the exact launch conditions in Alaska, I modelled the simulation using 2210 feet above sea level, 25 degrees F. and Light Winds (3-7 MPH).

Vance in AK

Reaction score
Thanks dluders, I really appreciate it.
About the only thing I would change on your conditions would be the altitude. We are at 95'(yes 095') above sea level.
I don't know how much difference this would make.
Thanks again.
Vance in AK.

dluders

Reaction score
I recalculated the RockSim flights, using 95 feet Elevation, Light Winds (3-7 MPH), and 15 degrees F. air temperature for the launch site conditions. The altitudes really didn't change much:

D12-3: 600 feet maximum altitude
E9-4: 1,044 feet maximum altitude

Vance in AK

Reaction score
Thanks again dluders.
Guess if I'm going to stick with this stuff I'm going to have to get a sim program.
Wonder if it's too late to put it on my Christmas list???
Vance in AK.

teflonrocketry1

Reaction score
Attached is my rendition of the simulation file for the Super Big Bertha Kit, Estes No. 2018. Note, I did not find this one in the EMRR library or at Jim Z's site. It was done using RockSim version 5 so you can open and modify it using the demo version of the software available from the Apogee website. I am not sure how this kit looks on the inside and the exact fin shape and body tube lengths. If you have the details and post them here I will create a more accurate file.

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055