Can I use a Tele-Mini with a with an Easy GPS in the same rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael L

Random Pixel Generator
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Or any pair of RF transmitters in the same rocket. Obviously on different channels? I'm trying to sort out 3 different Av bays for 3 different rockets.

Contest rocket- highest apogee on 60N-s wins. This one's Av bay is Easy (warning... incoming pun). I'll use an Easy-Mini :), set it up dual deploy (why? because I can), launch and hopefully recover. I recovered the rocket last time but it was two months later. I used the wrong ejection charge e-match (insert ignitor where I wrote e-match).

LOC Graduator. This poor rocket has been built for almost a year and has never flown. At this point all I need to do is finalize the AV bay. I can fly it on a G or an H but if I fly it with an HP motor I have to have redundant, dual deploy to meet club rules (I agree with them due to our circumstances. We can fly with literally a full 2 mile recovery radius that has almost nothing in it. Nothing... welll... oil field tanks and equipment are not exactly nothing but it's widely spaced and hasn't been a problem The closest is about a mile away.)

So... I'd like to put the TeleGPS in the nose cone and use a Telemini and EasyMini for the redundant dual deploy (because I have them). I could do a pair of EasyMini's but I'd have to buy another one or take it out of the LOC IV.

Speaking of LOC IV, it's pretty much going to be the same setup as the Graduator, TeleGPS in the nose cone and but use a TeleMetrum instead of the TeleMini and EasyMini for the redundant dual deploy. I don't really "need" the TeleGPS if I used the TeleMetrum but if I keep the TeleGPS I could use two TeleMini's and do away with any potential RF interference issues from the TeleMetrum and TeleGPS.

Back to the primary RF interference question, does anyone see an issue with two transmitters in one rocket (different channels)? The rest of it is a logistics problem.

I made an appointment with overthinkers anonymous...

Last edited:
Back