Can I save my rocket simulations

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Chase

Fly29mm
Reaction score
Proplem:
Every time I run a set simulation and close the rocket design and save the changes the next time I open it all my previous work on simulations are gone? Will you please help me with this problem?
Thank you
Brian

When seeking help with a software problem (or any problem, really) you must provide sufficient detail to give prospective helpers a chance to actually, you know, help you. Providing this detail in the first place improves your chances of getting useful help.

Further, this question should ideally be in Software and Electronics forum.

When seeking help with a software problem (or any problem, really) you must provide sufficient detail to give prospective helpers a chance to actually, you know, help you. Providing this detail in the first place improves your chances of getting useful help.

Further, this question should ideally be in Software and Electronics forum.
I did't know we had that forum

Is the file you're opening in a .RKT format or .ORK? Open Rocket uses the .ORK format but will also open Rock Sim files in the .RKT format. Saving any changes to a .RKT file causes issues with any changes I made being discarded after saving. The solution is to open it in Open Rocket and then use "Save As" to save a copy in the .RKT format and then start using that new .RKT file instead of the old one.

Is the file you're opening in a .RKT format or .ORK? Open Rocket uses the .ORK format but will also open Rock Sim files in the .RKT format. Saving any changes to a .RKT file causes issues with any changes I made being discarded after saving. The solution is to open it in Open Rocket and then use "Save As" to save a copy in the .RKT format and then start using that new .RKT file instead of the old one.
Dave worked perfect just like you instructed
Thank you

Try saving it in ORK format first, then do the sims. OR won't save sims in RKT format. Whenever I get a new Rocsim file, the first thing I do is Save As to an ORK.

Back