Can anyone identify this Estes model?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TangoJuliet

Reaction score
I purchased this kit around 2000(?), built it, but never finished it, and I've moved a few times since then. Now I can't find the decals to finally finish it. It uses ported ejection to eject two small chutes out the rear of the simulated external boosters.
01e17df80fa0b10d4de0309b796df083fd07505091.jpg

Thanks fellas (assuming you're all male). Looks like I need to re-paint it with blue now
3.gif
before I can really complete it.

I just hope you have better luck with yours than this guy did with his upscale...

[video=youtube;bfcud62ct6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfcud62ct6M&feature=youtu.be[/video]

attachment.php

:y: I've always had my doubts about how well the parachute ejection would work. If it turns out to be a big failure, then it will get chalked up to "lessons learned". I have already given thought to a slightly larger version - though not as big as the one above - with an improved gas porting design.

There's a guy locally that built a mid-sized rocket with ducted, rear-eject from pods on the fin tips. So there are four chutes, rather than two. The trouble he's had is packing them tight enough to stay in place under boost and loose enough to actually deploy. I've seen the rocket both fail to deploy all four, or deploy a couple while boosting (which resulted in an abrupt direction change)...

Back