Camp Doucet - Boys & Girls Clubs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Whew!

Another week of rocketry behind me! Man, it has been an incredibly busy summer! And now I have two weeks "off" waiting for the new school year to start. Cool, that means I get to focus on FlisKits work for a change! LOL

I have been involved with the local Boys & Girls club for many years, teaching many different science and craft related topics (most of which I created for their groups). It all began with rocketry. As the funding they were working from (all from grants) began to dry up, the group in Merrimack got smaller and smaller until we were back to just teaching rocketry. At one point I had concurrent 7 week beginner, intermediate and advanced rocketry programs going. We would run 5-6 of these each year and impact many kids.

Finally, the entire Merrimack program dried up due to funding issues and my work with them ended. Until this year. The director of their summer camp (Camp Doucet) invited me to join them for a quick rocketry program (40 kids, 1 day build, 1 day paint, then launch). We had a great time with the dooDad kit and it was such a hit we're already talking about next year!

I have a photo album up that you can view by by clicking this link. and I've posted a few photo's here as well.

As I have mentioned many times before, if you ever get the chance to bring rocketry to the children, JUMP at the opportunity. You will be glad that you did!

jim

DSC05287.JPG

DSC05172.JPG

DSC05205.JPG

DSC05209.JPG

DSC05230.JPG

Latest posts

Back