Camera test

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobra1336

Reaction score
Bought a new Canon Power Shot. Tried some pics in my basement in low light.

storage 012.JPG

storage 007.JPG

storage 009.jpg

storage 010.JPG

storage 011.jpg

Hmm. It seems to be making the rockets look upside down, and there's something that looks like a beer bottle, but has a "Budweiser" label on it, instead of real beer.

You may need to adjust the settings.

Hmm. It seems to be making the rockets look upside down, and there's something that looks like a beer bottle, but has a "Budweiser" label on it, instead of real beer.

That's a scary big bottle of Bud.

Hmm. It seems to be making the rockets look upside down, and there's something that looks like a beer bottle

Or maybe he had consumed that beer bottle before he took the pictures.

Dave:cheers:

Nice pics!

I also have a few hanging upside down--in order to make space in the rocket room I ended up hanging most of the gliders on wires near the celing.

They were just gathering up in a box so I just got them off the floor.
The big beer bottle flies great on a "H" motors.
And the answer is yes:cheers:

WOW! Those are good clear photos, what powershot did you get?

I have a powershot SX20 IS, great camera.

I like your rocketry/man room. It has all the amenities, rockets everywhere:clap:, gaint bottle of bud:cheers:, sofa:pop:, bar:y: and wildlife on the walls:eyepop:.

It's just a A1100 IS Easy to work with so far.
Heres some more man cave

011.JPG

Check out this web site. Rockwell reviews cameras and gives good advice.

https://www.kenrockwell.com/index.htm

I have a Nikon DSLR that I use when I need a fast shutter and an older Canon Powershot for taking pictures of things that don't move very fast. There are two aspects to shutter speed, how short the exposure is and how quickly the shutter snaps after you push the button. That last one is what usually gets you on a compact camera. You push the button, the camera clicks and whirrs a couple of times setting exposure, focus, etc., and then the shutter trips just in time to get a great picture of smoke on the pad. The DSLR takes the picture when you press the button. Now if only I could tune up my reflexes.

Back