camera Q

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueNinja

Reaction score
I acquired the use of a digicam (Canon A70) today. I want to take it to KloudBurst, but there is a problem. I will be wanting to get liftoff photos of rockets, however there is a noticeable delay between pushing the button and getting the pic. Noticeable meaning more than a second, like 2. Is there any way to instantaneously get a pic?

Blue

Most (that I know of) digi cameras have an auto focus built into the shutter. By means of pushing the button down about 1/2 way, the camera will auto-focus and can be held there until the user wants to take the pic. I'm not sure on the A-70 but it shouldn't be too hard to find out. Try pushing down 1/2 way on the shutter button and listen for the camera lens dialing in or out.

Test coming up.

it makes a little quiet rapid clicking noise, then it beeps.

still confused.

EDIT: Figured it out. I stink at cameras, but I have to hold the button down halfway until the little green thingies ppear, then take it. it zips instantaneously.

Alrighty, got another question so I'll use this thread. What is the best shutter speed for rockets, mostly fast ones, and aperture setting?

Latest posts

Back