Camera Bay

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AOSbermunda

Reaction score
I'm getting a Polaroid cube, which is a Gopro session-like action camera.
1596140853062.png
I want to put it in the payload bay of my NCR bounty hunter, but I need to have a way for it to see out. I was considering a Plexiglas window that is cut into the body tube, but that seems risky. I also considered getting a clear body tube from apogee, and mounting a section of it just the height of the camera on top of the payload bay, right below the nosecone, but I'm not sure about how that will effect the CG/CP of the rocket. What do you guys think is the best option?

I'm getting a Polaroid cube, which is a Gopro session-like action camera.
View attachment 426427
I want to put it in the payload bay of my NCR bounty hunter, but I need to have a way for it to see out. I was considering a Plexiglas window that is cut into the body tube, but that seems risky. I also considered getting a clear body tube from apogee, and mounting a section of it just the height of the camera on top of the payload bay, right below the nosecone, but I'm not sure about how that will effect the CG/CP of the rocket. What do you guys think is the best option?

I used a section of clear plastic from a soda bottle I had the camera looking straight out and used plastic buttons to secure the plastic to the rocket easy access and easy to replace if it gets scratched . I prefer to mount the payload, just below the nosecone.

Back