Camera Advices?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Feller

Reaction score
Hi! I want to buy HD Camera for my HP Rocket. But I don't know which option is the best for rocketry. All advices are welcome, thanks!

Used the Mobius actioncam for my L2 launch, it worked great. Though I think using a standard lens instead of the wideangle might have been better?

You looking to add one internal or external?

Here is a video. It has the mobius mini on the outside in a shroud and the runcam2 on the inside. Runcam is nice because you can connect to your phone and initiate the shutter to start your video. The mini is great but I can’t see the light out in the sun. My last video I really wanted it to document the separation of stages but must have turned it off.

I am starting to like the side views better than the down shots. How did you mount the RunCam inside the rocket?

You looking to add one internal or external?

Here is a video. It has the mobius mini on the outside in a shroud and the runcam2 on the inside. Runcam is nice because you can connect to your phone and initiate the shutter to start your video. The mini is great but I can’t see the light out in the sun. My last video I really wanted it to document the separation of stages but must have turned it off.

What software did you use to put the altitude and speed on the video?

Back