Camden, SC ICBM/ROSCO 2019 Launch Schedule

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cw's wife

Reaction score
2019 Launch Schedule:
We have made some significant changes to this year's schedule. Notice that Freedom Launch is May 25-27 but we are still having a 3-day launch on Labor Day weekend.
All dates are subject to change or cancellation. Please check before coming to the field.
March 9-10 — ROSCO Sport Weekend
April 13-14— ICBM Research Weekend
May 4-5 — ROSCO Sport Weekend
May 25-27— Freedom Launch
June 8-9 — ROSCO Sport Weekend
July 6-7 —ICBM Research Weekend
July 20-21 — Apollo 11 Commemorative Sport
August 10-11 — ROSCO Sport Weekend
August 30-31, September 1 — ICBM Research
October 12-13 — ROSCO Sport Launch
November 9-10 — ICBM Research Weekend
December 7-8 — ICBM Research Weekend

Last edited by a moderator:
We are go for launch this Saturday and Sunday. The NOTAMs have been called in and the weather looks acceptable. Saturday's high looks like 53 with a bit of wind (8 mph with gusts to 13 mph). Sunday's high will be around 49 with winds at 6 mph with gusts up to 9 mph. Let's hope the weather reports are correct that the rain won't move in until Sunday night.

Woohoo: I will be there or at least that is what my wife says.

It was a great weekend Launching rockets. We did not get many launched due to the frigid conditions on the field. Those that LAUNCH had recovery challenges caused by upper wins. Thanks to those that attended and helped set up.

ICBM'ers, do you know when the 2019 Freedom Launch will be held (was this discussed at the launch this weekend)?

There will be two - 3-day launches this year. Freedom launch is being moved to Memorial Day weekend. We will have another 3-day launch in September with a name yet to be chosen. In fact, the person who comes up with the best name wins a free chute protector.

2019 Launch Schedule:
We have made some significant changes to this year's schedule. Notice that Freedom Launch is May 25-27 but we are still having a 3-day launch on Labor Day weekend.
All dates are subject to change or cancellation. Please check before coming to the field.
March 9-10 — ROSCO Sport Weekend
April 13-14— ICBM Research Weekend
May 4-5 — ROSCO Sport Weekend
May 25-27— Freedom Launch
June 8-9 — ROSCO Sport Weekend
July 6-7 —ICBM Research Weekend
July 20-21 — Apollo 11 Commemorative Sport
August 10-11 — ROSCO Sport Weekend
August 30-31, September 1 — ICBM Research
October 12-13 — ROSCO Sport Launch
November 9-10 — ICBM Research Weekend
December 7-8 — ICBM Research Weekend

I was there. It rained a LOT all night Friday. No way you could get on the field :(

Due to inclement weather & field being soggy launch this weekend is cancelled.
See you in May AND don't forget Freedom launch will be over Memorial Day weekend so we will have 2 launches that month.
Regular May 4-5 and Freedom so pencil those in your calendar!

Due to recent (and continuing) rain, the June 8-9 ROSCO Sport launch is canceled. We will have 2 launches next month: July 6-7 —ICBM Research Weekend and July 20-21 — Apollo 11 Commemorative Sport.

Shouldn't the date for Labor Day weekend be August 31, September 1-2 — ICBM Research?
Since it's no longer called Freedom Launch lets give it a new name since it's a special 3 day event.

Leo,
You are correct about the Labor Day launch dates. They should be August 31, September 1,2. I thought I had corrected it everywhere that I had posted it but apparently not.

We have discussed giving the launch a new name but we haven't come up with anything satisfactory yet. Any suggestions of what we could name it?

Not off hand... maybe something like "September Sky Launch" ??

AUGUST JAM ( my pic )
CAROLINA JAM
CAROLINA FEST
CAROFEST
E.O.S. EVENT (end of summer )
I thought about SKY PIRATES, but Jim already has that.

Having thought long and hard about this, may I suggest we do same as MDRA.

Their major event is called "Red Glare" they do both a spring & fall event called same. They just call it Red Glare and post the event dates.

Just call ours Freedom Launch I & Freedom launch II or spring & fall. Or just Freedom Launch and post both dates. Flyers will pick up on the event being 2x a year quickly.

Midwest Power has 2 events spring and fall. Their spring event is called Mini midwest power and fall Midwest power.

Food for thought.

I agree with Jim. Makes sense. As an after thought, we can start numbering them, Memorial day was Freedom launch 1, Labor Day can be 2.Anyone asks why the reset easy to explain. Unless records show when we started Freedom Launches.

Unless records show when we started Freedom Launches.
Started in 1997 after LDRS XV. Originally over the 4th of July, moved to Labor day weekend when the 4th of July came up on Wednesday and no 3 day launch available in July. 1 launch annually until this year. No Freedom launch in 2015 after losing the Orangeburg field.

Started in 1997 after LDRS XV. Originally over the 4th of July, moved to Labor day weekend when the 4th of July came up on Wednesday and no 3 day launch available in July. 1 launch annually until this year. No Freedom launch in 2015 after losing the Orangeburg field.

Thank. I might add that to the website.

Ken Allen of Performance Hobbies WILL be at the July 6-7 launch but not the July 20-21 launch. If you need anything for the July 20-21 launch, plan ahead and let Ken know as soon as possible. He can either try to deliver it to you at the 6-7 launch or leave it with Chuck and I if you are not going to be at the 6-7 launch.

Ken will be at the August 10-11 and Labor Day weekend Freedom Launch August 31, September 1-2.

The August 10-11 ROSCO Sport launch is canceled. Due to unreasonable hot temperatures, students returning to school, and no officers available to run the launch, we find it necessary to cancel the August launch. Our next launch will be Freedom Launch II on August 31, September 1-2. Freedom Launch is research all three days but sport flyers are welcome.

... Our next launch will be Freedom Launch II on August 31, September 1-2. Freedom Launch is research all three days but sport flyers are welcome.

I booked my flight to the US. Just need to find a hotel in the surrounding area... :)

Back