Camden SC, ICBM/ROSCO 2017 launches

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a schedule yet?

I would assume according to past, Jan will be 14-15....second Saturday of month as usual.

Club website where our launch schedule will reside:

https://rocketrysouthcarolina.org/rocketry/

I was looking into this just yesterday so I could get my launch dates calendar in order, and found that ROCC has what appears to include the Camden launches on their calendar. They all say "ROSCO & ICBM, so I know that can't be 100% correct. Unless something has changed, all of those dates wouldn't normally include ROSCO launches.

https://www.rocketrycarolina.org/rocc-calendar/

I know they are working on the elections and schedule. I will ping them for info.

True. I can update the website as soon as they release the dates.

I hope the rest of the year is also updated so I can make my arrangements for 2017 :)

Heads up Camden launchers.

March 4-5

Sat & Sunday [this weekend] launch!

Changed from next week to this.

Hey all. I got this from Robert a month ago and forgot to post it. Every 2nd Sunday is always a given unless it's been changed (like Jim posted). But for those only interested in attending the sport launches, the rest of the schedule goes like this;

MAY 13-14
JUNE 10-11
AUGUST 12-13
SEPTEMBER 2-3-4, FREEDOM LAUNCH
OCTOBER 14-15

The May launch will be the May 6-7. The 14th is Mother's Day.

The remaining schedule is:
April 8-9 ICBM
May 6-7 ROSCO
June 10-11 ROSCO
July 8-9 ICBM
August 12-13 ROSCO
September 2,3,4 ICBM
October 7-8 ROSCO
November 11-12 ICBM
December 9-10 ICBM

The May launch will be the May 6-7. The 14th is Mother's Day.

The remaining schedule is:
April 8-9 ICBM
May 6-7 ROSCO
June 10-11 ROSCO
July 8-9 ICBM
August 12-13 ROSCO
September 2,3,4 ICBM
October 7-8 ROSCO
November 11-12 ICBM
December 9-10 ICBM

OK. I get it with Mother's Day. But why has October ROSCO been pushed up a weekend earlier? And apparently, I didn't know Freedom Launch was classified as an ICBM event.

October is not pushed a week earlier. October 1 is a Sunday so the weekend of the second Sunday is the 7th and 8th.

As for Freedom Launch, it is an ICBM launch. We have to designate each launch as NAR or TRA for insurance purposes. Saturday and Sunday have traditionally been sport launch days and Monday is research.

October is not pushed a week earlier. October 1 is a Sunday so the weekend of the second Sunday is the 7th and 8th.

OK, my bad. That was an error on MY calendar. I suppose, if I could have gotten the schedule from the web site, I wouldn't be in here going on with misinformation.

I have added the schedule to the website. It is on the front page not under the calendar yet. It is also on our FaceBook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/rocketrysouthcarolina/

Gary - Thank you for trying to get the information out to everybody. I really do appreciate it.

You're welcome. I do try. And FWIW, not everybody is tuned into Facebook. I know there are more than just myself. That's why I rely on the website calendar.

Guys, We are working hard on the website. It is tough because I am no longer prefect and busy with work in Texas.

The goal is to post to facebook and RF and have it populate to the website automatically.

My goal is to return as leadership of some type in 18-24 months. I think the current leadership is doing a great job. Running a club is tough so thank them when you are one the field.

UPDATE: The launch is CANCELLED for SUNDAY, April 9.

Our launch will go on as scheduled for Saturday, April 8

Ken Allen of Performance Hobbies will not be on the field Saturday.

After discussing with an on field membership quorum, we have decided to change the launch date to June 3rd and 4th.

For June 3rd and 4th, we will be using the small gate (about halfway between the Modern Turf office and the church). We also need to take the long way around. There will be road work occurring on the main road and center road this weekend.

Please pass this info on to anyone that you know that will be attending.

Due to mechanical difficulties, Ken of Performance Hobbies will not be on the field Saturday, June 3. He hopes to make it on Sunday.

Ken of Performance Hobbies will be on the field Sunday, June 4 but will not have his trailer. If there is something specific that you need, please call him and let him know so he can bring it.

Great day launching. I destroyed another rocket after it survived a CATO. It will fly again with a little work.

Great weekend launching for me. I cracked one (1) fin on landing one of my nubies but that was to only downside. Weather held out nicely, a bit warm but tolerable. Thanks to all that helped me out this weekend. You folks are great!

Great Launch. I only flew 2 and had one E12 Cato and 1 crash, but it will fly again.

I agree I had a great time. Great group of people, thanks for sharing your shade!

I had several good flights, and one not so good.

My drogue deployed on the way up on an I600 pushing a 8 pound rocket. Let's just say everything came down in lots of pieces, but nothing except the drogue really got damaged. Somehow my main deployed and set my AV Bay down softly.

Everything including the drogue for the most part has been repaired. She will fly again, just maybe not on an I600.

Thanks again for hosting this launch!

Was there for Sunday. Only flew two. First I flew my 5.5 inch V2 on a Loki J 712. Straight as an arrow landed mabey 50 feet from the pad after deploying the main at 700. Next up was my 5.5 inch Honest John on an old AMW K555 Skidmark. Flew off the away cell because it was mostly dirt surrounding it. Had some trouble with the pad wiring but once that was straightened out I had a perfect dual deploy flight with the main at 900 ft. If anyone got pictures let me know.

Last edited:
Was there for Sunday. Only flew two. First I flew my 5.5 inch V2 on a Loki J 712. Straight as an arrow landed mabey 50 feet from the pad after deploying the main at 700.
AH! So that was you. We haven't met properly....yet. But that flight was perfect. Best V2 I think I ever saw. You get 10+kudos for that one. Too bad I didn't have my video camera ready.

Back