Calling Jim Flis

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRadiator

Reaction score
I bet your probably at NARAM, but when you get back, I wanted to know if you could get another BT for the Tumbleweed. I stepped on it by accident, :eek: but if you can ship a BT by itself, let me know the price. Knowing myself I'd add a few kits for good measure! ;)

It's BT-5. On my Tumbleweed, the tube is 1 7/8" long with a hole .20" in diameter (I'm guessing it's done with a simple hole punch) placed at 3/8" from one end. This hole relieves the ejection charge so that the motor casing is moved backwards but not kicked from the rocket entirely.

HTH,

Lance,

Yea, Doug called me about that. Needless to say, i'm **** to the wall getting ready for the trip :)

OUr shipping department will be open next week, but those tubes are in the manufacturing site. It would have to wait until my return, if that's ok. (no charge, just send me an email reminder is all :) )

And, note, you have the correct measurement. This is slightly longer than a standard engine tube (for a reason - stability :) )

jim

Originally posted by jflis
(for a reason - stability :) )

I know the real answer to this, but I just couldn't resist the witty remark.

Don't you want anti-stability in a tumble recovery rocket? :p:p:D

Jason

Originally posted by jflis
Lance,

Yea, Doug called me about that. Needless to say, i'm **** to the wall getting ready for the trip :)

OUr shipping department will be open next week, but those tubes are in the manufacturing site. It would have to wait until my return, if that's ok. (no charge, just send me an email reminder is all :) )

And, note, you have the correct measurement. This is slightly longer than a standard engine tube (for a reason - stability :) )

jim

Fabulous! Sounds great Jim. I'll hold off 'till you get back. To the others, I *could* cut it from a BT5, but then it wouldn't be a genuine FlisKits Tumbleweed! That and I don't have any spare BT5s laying around since I rarely use them.

Originally posted by TheRadiator
I bet your probably at NARAM, but when you get back, I wanted to know if you could get another BT for the Tumbleweed. I stepped on it by accident, :eek: but if you can ship a BT by itself, let me know the price. Knowing myself I'd add a few kits for good measure! ;)

Hi guy, i'm back :)

Send me an email reminder and confirm your address and I can get you a tube during the coming week.

jim

Back