Calling all metalheads--Name This Tune!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chanstevens

Reaction score
I could use a little help on a trivia "scavenger hunt" this weekend. One of the challenges is to identify the song & artist from a really short sound clip. It sounds like it's from the late 70's/early 80's, probably one of those hair bands, not exactly one of my deepest areas of musical knowledge.

Anybody recognize the song or even have a gut feeling on artist?

Hey, if it were easy I would have figured it out on my own ;). Apparently there are some software apps that can identify song clips automatically, but they need more than one second, so the guy running the contest tried to just make it equally impossible for everyone.

Apparently there are some software apps that can identify song clips automatically, but they need more than one second, so the guy running the contest tried to just make it equally impossible for everyone.
I wonder if the sound clip were edited so it was slowed down to run more than one second, or edited to keep repeating like a skipping record, if a software app might be able to ID it?

Or, since nobody here could ID it, maybe try a really long-shot approach like asking on an "oldies" rock music based forum?

- George Gassaway

If it narrows the universe down a bit, the other two clips in the contest seem to have two word titles starting with hot (Hot Blooded, Hot Stuff). Know of any good databases or lists of song titles I can troll?

You could download itunes and then do a search and listen to the clips there.

Back