Calling all members of the rocketry hobby!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket trike

Reaction score
I was at work today and thinking about the job that we did with raising money for the save rocketry now. Then I got thinking that there is another need that could use some money and thought hey we could help here. The people with the need is the people in Florida.

What I am thinking of is to get as amny venders to donate prizes for a Raffle. we could sell ticket for the month of October with all of the money going to the people of Florida.

I think this would really show the people that has nothing to do with the hobby or think we are all out to do bad with our rockets that what a great great group of people that is invlvoed with this hobby.

I thought that we could set up a web site or the venders could sell the ticket through their web site for the drawing.

I will need allot of help with this as I am kind of strap for time but I will find the time to put into this. AI have never done anything like this so if someone would like to take it over and I will help as much as I can or I will take it over with allot of help.

So I am calling all of the vender and anyother that is willing to help with this and let show them what we can do.

Please let me know if there is any interest in doing this and if you are willing to help in any way. If we would like to do this I feel we would need to get moving on it soon. My e-mail address is [email protected]

Thank you

Originally posted by rocket trike
I was at work today and thinking about the job that we did with raising money for the save rocketry now. Then I got thinking that there is another need that could use some money and thought hey we could help here. The people with the need is the people in Florida.

What I am thinking of is to get as amny venders to donate prizes for a Raffle. we could sell ticket for the month of October with all of the money going to the people of Florida.

Well, I don't want to speak for ALL Floridians, but I will... :)

Florida is not the only area that was ravaged by the recent hurricanes. Ivan's
effects were felt from the Gulf Coast well into Pennsylvania and even New England.

It would be easier, faster and TAX DEDUCTABLE (for those in the US) to donate
to the <a href="https://www.redcross.org/donate/donate.html">American Red Cross</a>

The Red Cross will be able to best distribute the funds to the areas that need relief
the most. Click <a href="https://www.redcross.org/article/0,1072,0_312_3132,00.html">here to read more</a> about how The Red Cross is delivering Hurricane Relief.

THANX!

This is what I was talking about donating the money to something like the Red Cross. I just said Florida because it what you hear about the most.

Tom

I think its a great idea, however we would need someone to be the clearing house where it all comes together. I would suggest someone contact nick at emrr. he already has contests on his web site. The only problem with having a particular vender doing it is that other venders will probably be hesitant to turn over product to another vender.

"Uncle" Mike

I was thinking that we would all keep the prizes and ship them to the winners direct.

I was thinking about contacting Nick and Think I will do this right now.

Tom

Originally posted by rocket trike
This is what I was talking about donating the money to something like the Red Cross. I just said Florida because it what you hear about the most.

Understood. My point was, by the time you arrange all the vendors, setup bank accounts,
spread the word, and handle all the minor details, this hurricane season would be over. Not
that the money won't still be needed later...

The Red Cross already has the infrastructure setup to accept funds- postal mail, online,
telephone, etc. Why duplicate all that?

KISS- encourage folks to donate directly; if you have a website, <a href="https://www.redcross.org/psa/bannerorder/index_GenDS.html">arrange a banner</a>;
if you're a vendor perhaps offer an incentive by donating a percentage of each purchase.

Don't get me wrong- this is an excellent idea you have. I'm simply suggesting ways
to make it easier to manage.

too bad the nar or somone cant organize charity launches, where vendors donate products and give the money to a charity, and the launch fees also could go to charitys

Originally posted by rabidsheeep
too bad the nar or somone cant organize charity launches, where vendors donate products and give the money to a charity, and the launch fees also could go to charitys

That would probably be the best solution of all to get NAR involved. Im going to try and contact them today to see if this is possible.

just for an idea for a charity contest, have altitude rockets, and people sponsor them, and for every say 100 feet they fly, they donate a dollar

like a marathon only mach speeds :D

F.Y.I If anybody can actually get through to a Human at NAR, please do so all I get is the answering machine. I have left messages but as of close of buisness today no reply.

Back