CALLING ALL IOWANS!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

11bravo

Reaction score
Me: "Hi, my name is Greg B, and I am an Iowan that likes rockets."

All resopnd: "Hi, Greg B."

Anyway, how many of us are there here?
Who are you and where are you at?
What kind of rockets have you built?
What kind of rockets are you interested in?

Greg

Hi,Greg B.

I'm Larry Vetter
Manson
Estes, quest,redline,custom,Fliskits,Thrustline,Northcoast, PML,Aerotech think thats it. I also scratch build some.

Mainly build and fly low to mid power rockets,but have done high power too. I have a PML Quasar(L-1 rocket), and a PML Amraam(L-2 rocket). Really got the low power bug again thanks to Fliskits.

Larry

"Hi, Greg B."

Pete from Cedar Falls.

I've been infected with the HPR bug since I first saw one fly with Tripoli Southern Minnesota. I also fly with Tripoli Quad Cities and am looking forward to MidWest Power 2 (Click for Link) in October.

I like to scratch build and/or modify kits.

Good to hear from you.
I know there are more and hope to hear from them too.
I just got back into rocketry this last summer.
I bought, built, flew, and lost an Estes Eliminator.
Helped my nephew built an Estes Skywriter that has flown 4 or 5 times.
Since, I have rebuilt a rocket from my yute, am working on a crayon, and have parts for about 3 others here in the room with me.
A couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine and I took his son and my nephew to Kansas for AIRFest 10 and had a blast.
I'll have to go see more launches of the big stuff; think for the most part that is where my interest lies.

Greg

Greg,
I know there are a couple more Iowa guys out there.

You haven't said yet where your from in Iowa.
Larry

I'm a relocated Iowan, does that count? Born in Lynn County Hospital in Cedar Rapids! :D

Larry, I'm from Rockford, SE of Mason City. I used to go by Manson all the time; my grandmother lives in Sac City and we have family in Fort Dodge. Let me ask you, do you ever shoot off the lip of the crater to get a little extra hang time?:D :D :D
TheRadiator, I suppose it'll count. I was thinking on seeing if maybe next year sometime the Iowans would like to get together and have a launch somewhere, so you'd have to come to that to really get your "Iowan Wings".

Greg

Anyway, how many of us are there here?
Who are you and where are you at?
What kind of rockets have you built?
What kind of rockets are you interested in?

Hi Greg -
another Iowan here who is patiently waiting for crops to be harvested so we can fly rockets! I am located a couple miles SE of Alton Iowa in the NW corner of the state. About 45 minutes NE of Sioux City.

I got back into rocketry about year ago after a 30+ year hiatus.
I wanted to get back into it for my 9 year son old but it soon grew way beyond that. It has become an obsession.

We currently have 36 rockets in our fleet - Estes, Aerotech, Roachwerks, Thrustline and scratchbuilt.

Most of our stuff is LP but we have a few MP rockets as well.

I have some pics on my web site
https://user.midlands.net/smason/

I recently had to move the web site and not all the images are available yet but most of them are there

Originally posted by 11Bravo
Larry, Let me ask you, do you ever shoot off the lip of the crater to get a little extra hang time?:D :D :D
Greg

Greg,
LOL, I've never thought of that. Heck, I don't even know where the edge of that crater is suppose to be. Sounds like you know the area well. Kep me posted on those launch plans;)

Larry (deep in the crater)

But I grew up in Davenport, and have a nephew in DeWitt. And he has two small boys . . .

Back